Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A hole in the head's better than a hole in your coffee cup

I have a confession: I have a strange obsession that may be the result of too much Dora or not enough sleep... Probably a combination. But I digress...

My recent obsession has centered around my middle child. You know, the ball of fire, boundless energy, louder than an air horn boy? Yeah. That child.

He has taken to rolling his eyes while smiling at the attention I have been giving him over his recent physical change that has triggered this weird distraction. I simply canNOT stop photographing him because DANG IT! This change has me all loopy!! I can't even listen to his stories about which girl in class thinks he's cute (don't even get me started...) or which Pokemon can defeat a water type (not that I can really listen to that, anyway...). Instead, my eyes keep drifting to that cute little space. I continually interrupt him to say "Wait! Hold that thought. I need another picture!"

Can you blame me?

This picture doesn't do it justice...

Hmmm. Better, but still not clear enough for my weird enjoyment....
Prying open his mouth to get a better shot. Can you see the bulge in his cheek? Yeah. That would be a fruit chew before school. Don't judge me.
Does it look like I'm pulling too hard?
Can you blame me? Isn't that just so adorable you want to, well, eat him up or something??? I think he secretly loves the attention I'm giving him. Which is good, because I can't HELP it. I am actually giddy over the thought of him losing his uppers!!! EEEEeeeeiiiEEE!!!

I know. I know. I have issues. But this is my life, peeps. This is what is occupying my itty bitty brain....

13 comments:

Cynthia said...

He's a cutey, and you are loopy;)

Gucci Mama said...

I think it's perfectly rational to react just as you did. Of course it's to difficult to contemplate not photographing a child that cute. I get that. Have that problem all the time...

Tonya said...

Oh I totally understand! GG's bottom teeth came in right away so the whole was only there about 2 weeks but the top one has been there for away and I love it. I can't wait for Monkey to loose his first tooth but he doesn't have any wiggly yet. *Pout* I think it is so cute.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Hee hee hee...you are too cute!

CaraBee said...

That IS very cute! Does the tooth fairy still come around or are kids way too savvy? What's the going rate these days?

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

He got a buck from the tooth fairy, seeing as how it's his first one. She tends to forget how much each tooth is worth and gives varying amounts for each tooth... Such a forgetful fairy...

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I am the same way but Jack won't hold still for pictures like that!

He is a cutie!

Karen Putz said...

What a cute guy you have there! I forgot the Tooth Fairy twice on my kids. Oops.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

What a cutie!!

Isn't it strange the things that make us giddy?

I hope the tooth fairy was good to him!!

Hugs!!

Unknown said...

Can't say I blame you one bit. Just today, I was thinking about my obsession with my little guy's cheek. And wondering if the world is out of balance because I only kiss his right one 5,000 times a day and not his left? :-)

Anonymous said...

He is just as handsome as can be, but then all your kids are too cute for words!

As my kids lose more and more teeth, however, I tend to look past their cuteness to the cost of future orthodontics. Eeks!

Kristi said...

Aww... so cute. This is a total milestone, so I don't think you're weird at all. Congrats to him!

Michelle said...

aaww he is cute with that missing tooth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails