Friday, December 29, 2006

No more boobies

Corinne's doing better, thanks. We filled her prescription for her ear infections this morning, and have been doing the Motrin/Tylenol combo today. She was SO much happier! Did my heart worlds of good to see her actually playing and smiling today! She just slept and was so groggy and awful yesterday... She ate and drank fairly well (though not anywhere near to normal) and is upstairs asleep right now. I am chugging on Tylenol (liquid, can't swallow pills) to combat this headache but other than that, doin ok.

Corinne is officially done nursing. I am officially depressed over this. I feel old. I feel gypped. I feel like I didn't appreciate the last nursing session we had. I was probably hurried and ready to get the presents under the tree... I am actually breaking down right now... I need to get this out of my system, I suppose, but I feel foolish, being so very sad over my baby not breastfeeding anymore... I know, I know. It's ok and natural and normal, but I can't explain how much it hurts when she turns her head away from me. I didn't expect a cold turkey weaning this time around. It hurt when Evan did it and it hurts even more now, knowing she's my last baby... I am slowly stopping the pumping. My body continues to make milk for a long time after breastfeeding so I will probably have to do this for a while. I refuse to just suffer through the rock hard boobs for 2 weeks. Nuh-uh. Sigh...

I think I just need a good cry.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Of course I didn't really experience the saddness of weaning, but I did experience the saddness of never actually nursing (praying hard that this next one will latch like a champ!) I did however do the cold turkey thing instead of weaning off the pump, and had horrible fevers!! So yeah, weaning from the pump is a good idea!

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

All I did was look forward to weaning, and then after i did (at 1 year) i regetted it. I have pictures of me bawling trough the last nursing session.

Cheer up! You might get pregnant again! And just nurse that one until he's 19! (Kidding)

Michelle said...

I'm glad she is feeling better! Sorry about the cold turkey no more nursing though, besides ouch on the boobs, ouch on the mommy's heart too. It's ok to be sad and upset and depressed and cry over this! It makes it seem so final and that she is growing up. Big hugs to you!

An Ordinary Mom said...

It is amazing what a good cry can do for you.

I am glad your little one is feeling better, and I hope your heart heals soon, too. I was so ready to be done nursing my last one, but when it finally came down to it, I missed the intimate time with him.

Happy New Year!

Dana said...

((Tracey)) So sorry to hear that she's done with the whole nursing thing. It's really hard when they decide that they don't need that anymore. She's growing up..... Cry all you need to, I know I did.

Jen said...

What a week you've had!!! hang in there and just know that you are normal....cry good, then go do something for yourself......

Nicole said...

I am SO glad that Corinne is feeling better. But SO bummed out about the nursing thing. I am still missing my last one nursing and I only did it for 2 months with him. I know you must be hurting. It IS normal, but it still hurts. I am sorry for that. I think a good cry sounds good!

andria said...

I don't even remember when the last time I breast fed my last child was, he just kind of never looked back. I am sorry you are sad, hope you feel better. Just think, no more pump. (I hated the pump)

kate said...

it's really hard losing that nursing time with a child. man, i remember getting the blues. bigtime. be good to yourself.

Miss Hope said...

I think we all grieve when we finally realize that baby is weaned. It took me weeks to get over it! Then I totally appreciated not leaking all over my good bras.

Related Posts with Thumbnails