Monday, October 24, 2011

Six

I keep singing this song today...



We bought six doughnuts at Dunkin Donuts to celebrate her sixth trip around the sun...
We have six days until her party where she would like to have a rock and roll/wedding cake with tiers, flowers and sparkles, but no pink, please.

This kid. This little girl is freaking awesome. She is the one who woke up last night when I was having a bad, bad dream (complete with crying and shouting). She is the one who comforted me and, in desperation to make me feel better when stroking my head didn't work, flung herself upon me and woke me up. She is the one who convinced me that I wasn't holding a giant, poisonous snake in my hand. While all the men in the household slept completely unaware, the women gathered together and combined forces.

She is super strong and crazy sensitive. Brilliant and beautiful, fearless and curious. She amazes me every day.

Five!

Four

Three!

Two

One!

4 comments:

Trina @ Walking With Scissors said...

Happy 6th birthday to your girl!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you. Now I'm gonna have "Six Socks" stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

And Happy Birthday -6 days, Corrine.

Mark said...

Happy Birthday to that beautiful girl of yours. She really is a doll!
I could have done without that song but what can I do now, it's in my brain.
I can't wait to see what amazing things she will do this year.
Once again, Happy Birthday little one!
Your Mom's Friend, m.

Michelle said...

Happy 6th birthday to your beautiful girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails