Friday, October 21, 2011

Goodness Surrounds Me

I paused at the sink today.

With soap up to my elbows, I stared out my window as a brutally fierce gust of wind ripped the last of my beloved birch leaves far from my window's view.

I paused and was still and appreciated what was happening all around me:

Justin was reading at the table while not-so-silently slurping his chicken noodle soup.

Evan quietly played on the family room floor, arranging army men in an elaborate battle of Good and Evil.

Corinne had constructed a massive fort of blankets and pillows over the heating vent so that she could read with toasty warm feet.

Patrick had called; he was on his way home. We were all... happy.

Quite simply, my blessings cause my heart to seize and throat to close and eyes to tear.I love my family.

I love my life.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails