Friday, October 21, 2011

Goodness Surrounds Me

I paused at the sink today.

With soap up to my elbows, I stared out my window as a brutally fierce gust of wind ripped the last of my beloved birch leaves far from my window's view.

I paused and was still and appreciated what was happening all around me:

Justin was reading at the table while not-so-silently slurping his chicken noodle soup.

Evan quietly played on the family room floor, arranging army men in an elaborate battle of Good and Evil.

Corinne had constructed a massive fort of blankets and pillows over the heating vent so that she could read with toasty warm feet.

Patrick had called; he was on his way home. We were all... happy.
Content.
Healthy.
Alive.
Whole.

Quite simply, my blessings cause my heart to seize and throat to close and eyes to tear.I love my family.

I love my life.

10 comments:

Tonya said...

I feel the same way. Very blessed you are indeed!

Unknown said...

Yup. You got o good family goin' there, Kid.

CJ said...

And I love that you share it with us!

Unknown said...

You know ... I have no idea how that happened, because 'a' is completely on the other side of the keyboard from 'o' - and yet 'o' managed to insert itself in the place of 'a' and even dyslexic fingers can't account for the rather ungrammatic presence of 'o' in place of 'a' in the comment above.

I have no idea.

Michelle said...

One of the sweetest sibling pictures ever!

Mark said...

Looks like you made it!
m.

Deb said...

Just like this post.

I love that picture.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Loved reading this. Beautifully expressed. I have a few of those sleeping sibling pics too - so sweet.

nmaha said...

Beautiful, I can almost feel the peace.
Your younger two could be twins :-)

MondoMOM said...

Really sweet pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails