Friday, October 24, 2008

Stupid, stinkin, spinning planet...

Though my daughter would argue otherwise, I feel as though today is all about ME. Though she is the one who has turned 3 (THREE for cryin out loud!!), I am the one who will never be a parent to a baby or toddler again... I am the one who is mourning the end of this stage WAY more heavily than I had forseen. WAHHAHHAHHH!!! Rumble, Grumble, Rawr.... Gimme some more coffee...

Sigh... Thankfully, I cannot sit around and mope. I can't even sit online and browse, as I have so much to do today... "Overwhelming" doesn't even come close.

I have to CLEAN. As in, there is laundry scattered around the family room floor. It was clean last night, but, due to my freakin wonderful cats, each piece must be smelled to assure that it hasn't been peed on. Nice, eh? Nothing better than taking a deep whiff with your nose buried in material only to find out that someone DID pee on a shirt. Add that to the piles of dishes, messy office, bathrooms, and general household cleaning that didn't get done (SHOCKING, I know...) and you have a good 4-5 solid working hours to get the house clean enough for tomorrow's party.... No prob.

I have to bake a cake. A white cake with white frosting and yellow flowers with Tinkerbell sitting atop it. There needs to be a LEGIBLE birthday greeting for my big girl, somewhere amidst these flowers and vines and fairy. Which is fine cuz, you know, I'm a professional baker and all... cough... (My cakes for my kids should be a whole post unto itself...)

Ah yes, a present to wrap around a girl that doesn't nap anymore.

And a menu to not only purchase food for, but also PLAN. Ha. "Planned Menu." Sometimes I crack myself up...

So. Wah wah. My baby's growing up. Yes, I cried yesterday as I walked behind her en route to picking up the boys from school. Yes, I rocked her in my arms and told her the story of her being born. Yes, the tears flowed. Yes, she struggled to get out of my loving arms and into her dang big girl bed...

Freakin Earth spinning and making time pass. Dumb, stupid, passage of time...


Happy Birthday, baby girl. Ignore Mommy's tears today... I'm so proud of you and excited to see you growing up. REALLY!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to her! She's a cutie. Too bad you can't stop it or slow it down. All you can do is try to enjoy it all.

Kat said...

"Dumb stupid passage of time"

hehehe That line made me laugh. I can relate. I think all parents can. I used to roll my eyes when people would tell me that it goes so quickly and now I am saying it to others. :(

Happy Birthday to your little lady!

Melissa said...

Kathryn is right! I had the same feelings when people would tell me that I would miss it... and now? I do. Well, that's not completely true... I don't miss dirty diapers, not knowing what to do for a tiny baby that can't talk, midnight feedings, 1:00 feedings, 2:00 feedings...
I hope you guys have a wonderful day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Melissa said...

Oh! And one more idea :) You know how bakeries will have cakes with pictures on the top made from edible ink? If you take a picture into the bakery of what you want, they can copy it off and print it up! Usually it's $5-10 a sheet. Just an idea :) But, if you're like me, you enjoy the process, even if the results aren't always perfect!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy! Hope it's a great party. Good thing is, you'll have so much to do, there's probably no time for crying!

This next couple years will be awesome for you as your daughter grows up. Enjoy them (age 12 is not far away - dun dun dun dun!)

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday!

Good luck to you...you have a lot to do...

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Aw, poor you Tracey!
Happy birthday to your sweet, wee girly.

anymommy said...

Yep, time just never quits. Happy Birthday, pretty girl. Good luck with that to do list, mom!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

She's darling! Happy Birthday! And I could go for some cake...

Steph

Kristin said...

Happy birthday to her. Great now I want cake.

Anonymous said...

Ah . . . happy, happy birthday!!!

And there I was this morning going on and on about Jacob's party tomorrow. Why didn't you say anything??

Duh - probably because you didn't have time, too. Having a party at Chuck E. Cheese is great because I don't have time to clean or bake a cake (although I do have to wrap presents tonight).

What a sweet picture of Corinne!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Corrine!! Love that gorgeous photo of her. Don't worry, she'll always be your "baby" ... :-)

Alex Elliot said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Personally, I always feel like the moms should get some sort of appreciation on their kids birthdays.

Tonya said...

Oh Happy Birthday to Corrine! I can't believe she is 3 already. I'm going to be were you are in 2 years and it will go so fast.

CaraBee said...

Happy Birthday sweet baby girl! I totally feel you right now. I think my girl is trying to wean herself at just over a year and I am fighting it. Sad, sad, sad.

Desiree said...

Awe, happy birthday girl!

Kristi said...

Happy birthday, Corinne! Just make sure you flash that beautiful smile to your mommy lots during your party to cheer her up.

They just grow up way too fast.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Corrine. It does go WAY too fast. I can't believe The Bean will be 4 on her next birthday. She's not old enough yet!

Christina said...

Happy birthday Corinne! You're right, it does go too fast. I often look at Mira walking around and finding new ways to get into trouble and wonder when she left babyhood for toddlerhood. So surreal.

Mom24 said...

It's really hard, isn't it? Brats...how dare they grow up on us? I loved how the cake turned out by the way.

Michelle said...

sorry I'm so late, but happy belated birthday wishes to your beautiful THREE year old!

Related Posts with Thumbnails