Monday, September 08, 2008

Things I never expected when I first started blogging:

1. To be given a free vacation. That was awesome and a really validating experience. Felt all professional-like....

2. To make such great friends and actually meet some of them in person. I cannot stress enough how much this outlet has allowed my brain to be adult-like. To save me from the insane sameness that I love and loathe at home. Annnnndddd!!! I get to use big words and talk about something other than Pokemon and Princesses!

3. To be offered a spot on Wife Swap. I shit you not. (And you have NO IDEA how hard that was to turn down, especially after really thinking about the $20,000 you receive for 10 days of filming.) But the idea of putting my family into the hands of a complete stranger? Of having all of us filmed and then EDITED for the juicy stuff and put on the airwaves for all eternity? No thanks. I am not foolish enough to think that MY family would fare any better than the other families on that show. That there wouldn't be embarrassing moments (either genuine or fabricated by the editing department). That I would regret the choice, no matter how much money was dangled in front of my face...

Dang those freaking morals of mine....

4. To have more than 2 or 3 comments at a time. I know! I was aiming low. (Hint hint... how many comments can I get on this one?) (Ok. A little more blatantly: Please comment.)

5. To be quoted in an article by ABC. And to have another post in syndication, somewhere...

6. Well, I can't think of #6. Hmmm. I thought that there were more points, but Corinne just walked in with Apple/Carrot juice on her white shirt and do you have ANY IDEA how hard it is to get carrot juice out of clothing? I gotta scoot.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails