Tuesday, June 21, 2011

An Update

As a mom that homeschools, summer is my time to regroup, reorganize and rethink what and how I plan on teaching the next school year. So my past few days have been spent building shelving and pulling everything into one spot on my living room floor. There are piles and stacks and boxes and random pamphlets and scraps of paper with Brilliant Ideas scrawled across them. I am surrounded by clutter consisting of glitter, screwdrivers, flash cards and empty packing boxes. Add the recent Absolute Grounding of my middle child (don't ask) and I have had scarce little time to be online.

Amuse yourself with photos from our Father's Day BBQ at my parents' house. We had an absolute BLAST.
Justin's gotten SO BIG. I cannot believe that he's exactly as tall as I am...
Dads are experts at flinging children over their heads.
Patrick got quite the work out on Sunday! He tossed all 3 of my kids and a cousin to boot...
I was there! See me?
The Man I love. Happy Father's Day, indeed, baby.

7 comments:

CaraBee said...

I think it is a fatherly prerogative to toss their children in pools. Especially on Father's Day.

Alexandra said...

REGROUP!

I LOVE summer, too.

In the midwest, summer is all about grabbing the days by the horns and squeezing every hour out of the day.

ENJOY!

Mark said...

Okay, I won't ask but I'm dying to know. You're such a tease!
We got a similar pool for our back yard just recently. I won't go near it in protest. I know, my loss.
Your Friend, m.
p.s. Cute husband.

kailani said...

My kids would love to have a pool like that in the backyard! Glad that everyone had so much fun!

Online Toy Store said...

I can see your family had a great time on Father's Day! It's amazing how you were ale to set up a BBQ party despite the mini-construction at home :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

The BBQ party is at my parents' house. We don't have a pool! I am not organized enough to maintain one.

Debbie said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! It looks like everyone had such a great time. Just what Father's Day should be.

Related Posts with Thumbnails