Friday, June 05, 2009

Still scattered...

Huh. Well, what do you know? It's Friday. A whole day has gone by and I didn't even realize it...

I could post about my regular 2 am wake-ups from weird dreams. The one where my parents handed me a huge pile of bonds and stocks that they "forgot" they had bought for me when I was little. And how I woke up feeling euphoric until I remembered: Ah. Dream. Dangit...
~~~
I could write about the toilet that won't stop running. Even after I turned the water off. Even after I messed with it and messed with it until I said "Well, we'll just have to wait until we have a bit of cash for that suction piece thingy" and was thankful that at least it was just the water bill which is a small expense. Until I woke up at 6 am (After falling back asleep for the first time this week!!!! Grrrr!!) to Patrick's dismayed call. "Why is there water in the hallway?!?"

Groaaannnn....

I remembered my actions from the night before. I remembered Evan's description of how the toilet he'd just used (ahem) was almost overflowing. It was too full of water to plunge without splashing icky water over the floor, so I locked the bathroom door with the thoughts of plunging it once it drained a bit. EXCEPT I hadn't taken into account this whole "continuously refilling tank" issue. And the water all over the hallway (and some of the living room carpet! Joy!) was from the toilet.

FUN TIMES! You can imagine how happy I was to be starting my day by using ALL of the towels I had literally just washed AND put away (a rarity). They are now BACK in the washing machine with hot water and extra soap. Please don't let the washing machine overflow...
~~~
That said, some very sweet friends and family have provided bits of help this past week, making it possible to not only feed my family without a trip to the store but also to keep good on the birthday present we promised Justin. He and I will be going to Mammoth Cave for a Mother/Son bonding fest. And we will have the money for gas AND food while there!!

Thank you all..
~~~
Keep your eyes open for another really cool giveaway that I will soon host. I am just having issues with the videos I have made and cannot really fathom using the ones that are done. Really, I look weird and am rambling which isn't unusual but is still annoying...
~~~
The coffee is calling my name and Corinne is begging to play her Webkinz Jr. (have you entered that giveaway yet?) so I am off. Have a great Friday!

14 comments:

Kat said...

Yipes. Life is so stressful sometimes. I hope you get some relief soon.
Continued prayers for you and your family.
I hope you have a WONDERFUL time with your son. :)

Allison said...

OMG - toilet problems are the worst!
you seem to have a lot of wet floors! - Ias I was reading, I was remembering the basement issue not too long ago..... hope it gets fixed soon

Gucci Mama said...

In our last house before we remodeled we had CARPETING IN THE BATHROOM. Whose freaking idea was that? So, you know, it could be slightly worse.

Have a great time with your son; I'm really glad you guys get to go!

Ally Wasmund said...

ohhh nooo! hope everything quiets down soon for you guys.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

It gets even better!! Apparently the water was draining into the basement! Again! This time on TOP OF boxes which I had put on top of the plastic boxes so as to "keep them dry"!!! BwaaahaaaHAAAAA!!! As IF I could keep ANYTHING DRY in that basement!!

I swear...

anymommy said...

Overflowing toilets suck. But, the mother/son trip sounds fabulous.

sheila said...

Geeeez, what a horrible situation with the water. Ours has a leak somewhere too. For months. It's wetting the ceiling of the basement. I look in my wallet...no dough. So I weigh the thought of calling a plumber or patching the ceiling eventually. Can't afford a plumber.

Your issue sounded much much worse. Good thing for friends and family. :)

But I'm sure that they are just repaying your kindness over the years.

Hey, can you post about the exact CAUSE of your water issues when you find out? It might help someone (being ME, lol). I just saw your comment about the basement! Ughhhh. When it rains it pours. Or in your case leaks. Sorry.

(my word verfication? SUCKeyo) lol

TuTu's Bliss said...

Saw you listed on newparent.com. It a joy to keep such great bloggy company!! Jen

Daisygirl said...

Totally sounds like fun times...haha! I hate toilets...hate em hate em hate em...I don't want to stick my fingers in the back piece and whenever mine over flows there is usually un-mentionable crap in it!

Dreams are weird...it is amazing how some of them feel so real!

Tonya said...

wow girl you have been in it deep this last week. I hope the water thing gets fixed soon. And have a great time with Justin.

keb said...

Whoa, cute kids! Hope I could give them huggs. Then, I'm Keb, and I'm new to this blog, but I guess I'll keep following you! Nice blog ! Keep posting more!

Cynthia said...

I don't think it is possible for you to look weirder on video than my Journey rendition;)

Would-Be Bonus Mom said...

I, too, have toliet issues. I feel your pain. Except I have double toliet issues, because our ancient, temporary (please god temporary) rental house has a bathroom (kids bathroom) with TWO ancient, disgusting, icky toliets, only one of which that sees fit to work about 25% of the time.

Marie said...

I'm SOOOOO happy you are getting to go on your trip! I love having family and friends nearby that can be supportive in tough times!

Once when the rubber thing in the toilet wouldn't drop down right we could bend the metal arm. Maybe? New innards are like $15 if you do it yourself... but that's somthing my husband does, not me... so I don't know how.

Related Posts with Thumbnails