Friday, March 13, 2009

Just a mini-bitch...

Well, waaaah effing wah.

I just got back from my bi-annual trip to my favorite children's clothing resale. Generally, I trudge out of there, huffing and puffing with the incredible load I have purchased. Generally, I have over a hundred dollars less in my pocket but entire wardrobes for my children in my basket.

(Insert visual of me with angry eyes and tongue sticking out)

It sucks to be broke.

Not that we've ever been rolling in the dough, but I was always able to scrape together enough money ($150 MAX) twice a year to buy my children tons and tons of clothing and shoes and books.

This year? $30. About 15 homeschool books, a couple dresses, 2 pairs of sandals (for Corinne and Justin) and an American Girl doll chair for my niece's birthday ($4! New condition!!! STEAL!!!).

Oh, the gingham dresses I had to forgo...

Oh, the sweet little sparkly shoes!

I didn't even bother looking through the older boy clothing as it is generally a bit more expensive than the toddler clothes. They will make do with clothes that are either a bit big or a bit small. It is what it is.

But it still stinks.

It could be worse. It could be worse...

There's that famous mantra of mine, again.

Do me a favor? If you're the praying type, pray that Patrick's real estate deal goes well on Saturday, ok?
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails