Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh where, oh where can my TRAcey be?!?

Where has Tracey been, you ask? Is she ok? Alive? Bored with (gasp!) blogging?!?

Nay, dear friends. I was simply unable to think of a single solitary bit of writing that was worth the effort to write and the time to read. And yet? I am writing THIS which is still a bit... Meh... but at least it will give you an idea as to how abso-freaking-lutely busy I have been...


Never let it be said that I don't still have a bit of creative juices flowing through my bones. Though my younger self would be scoffing at the thought of calling a mini-scrapbook and cupcakes "art" I have to grasp at what I can right now. So, Younger Self? Stuff it. You don't know how lucky you were to be able to casually draw and paint for hours on end...

The necklace! It is perfect and he loved it, though the old one had been on his neck for so long that the clasp had actually rusted together. I needed to use my teeth that night to pry it off his neck...
Friday night's Halloween party. In the rain. The cold rain. But we had fun! Here you see Batgirl and a Scarecrow huddled around the bonfire singing a scary rendition of "The Ants go Marching."Again, STUFF it, Younger Self.
Saturday night, looking hawt and spicy at my cousin's wedding. We danced. We drank. We stayed out way late and paid the hefty price EXHAUSTION the next day...
...At the pumpkin farm! With Cub Scouts! And a Civil War Reenactment! With Loud LOUD cannonfire! Good thing I didn't have a hangover or anything...
I did manage to get a few shots of the troops pre-battle, but the camera's battery DIED before the actual battle!! AGAIN! 2 years in a row that I haven't been able to get good pictures!!! I even missed out on pumpkin shots. Pissed much? YES. I will take the kids to the pumpkins simply for pictures as fall shots have GOT to be the most beautiful pictures of the year...

And, with that, I HAVE to go. Dinner is waiting and the kids are running rampant. I swear to be present more in a few days...

13 comments:

Melissa said...

You have been busy!! Sorry about your camera batteries :S I've finally gotten to the point where I carry AT LEAST two extra sets of batteries in my case.

Alex Elliot said...

Hey I'm impressed with those cupcakes! You're also ahead of me with the mini-scrap book seeing as I have a bunch of photos uploaded to my computer and that's it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've been wonderfully occupied! So glad that y'all had a great birthday celebration!

Anonymous said...

CUTE cupcakes!
I'm glad Patrick loved his new necklace - looks great!
And you guys definitely look HAWT all dressed up for the wedding - you look amazing in red, Tracey!

Kat said...

It sucks that we have to pay the price for a fun night out in our "old age". ;)
Great pics!

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks to me like you had plenty to write about.

The necklace looks great by the way. Excellent choice.

Anonymous said...

Lots of busy! WoW!
Thanks for posting, I was getting sick of reading Sunday Quickie! LOL

Tonya said...

looks like a lot of fun was had. I was wondering where you had been!

Skiplovey said...

Yeah what is it with fall that creates the writer's block? It's everywhere right now.

Delicious looking cupcakes.

Desiree said...

Thanks for your comment -- I agree about winter. I don't mind the cold and the bundling up, but when it's to the point where your eyes freeze when you walk outside -- I'm not a big fan of that!

anymommy said...

You did look hot and spicy!!

Lynsey said...

Love that dress! And necklace! I'm glad he liked it.

Michelle said...

wow you had been busy! busy with fun stuff it looks like :) Happy belated birthday to your hubby!

Related Posts with Thumbnails