Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I can smell the cotton candy already!!

I have many wonderful memories from my youth. My family may not have had much money, but we did enjoy being together. We camped, my parents volunteered for scouting and softball, and, once a year, we headed into the city (Chicago) for one of our few BIG treats: The Circus!!

Oh, the dreams I had about running away to join the circus!! For a while, I wanted to help the tiger trainer. Then, I thought flying through the air was more my style. I even dated a clown in high school and thought that THAT might be my true calling...

Nevertheless, I haven't forgotten the thrill of the lights going out, the music building up, and the performers' enthusiasm. We are lucky enough to be attending the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus this November. And one of YOU is lucky enough to win 4 free tickets to see a Chicago performance!!! Please leave a comment below and I'll pick the winner on Wednesday, the 29th around 9 am CST. I'd love to get this opportunity out to as many Midwest bloggers as possible, so, if you post a link to this post on your blog, you can enter 2 comments for 2 chances to win!


Dates the tickets are available for:
Allstate Shows
Nov. 6, 7pm; Nov. 7, 10:30am, Nov. 12, 7pm; Nov.13, 7pm
United Center Shows
Nov. 18, 7pm; Nov. 19, 7pm; Nov. 20, 10:30am & 7pm; Nov. 21, 10:30am; Nov. 25, 7pm; Nov. 26, 7pm; Nov. 28, 11:30am and 3:30pm

So, Come on Guys!! Comment now and pass the word!!

15 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, and what is UP with my fonts today? Anyone else having Blogger issues?!?

kimmy said...

My kids love cotton candy. I've been known to sneak a few bites when the kids aren't looking!

Kimmy

Cynthia said...

OK, I love me some cotton candy, but would you believe I have NEVER been to a circus? Are they fun...or scary? I saw Killer Clowns From Outer Space you know;)

Gucci Mama said...

I love the circus! If I lived closer, I'd totally be entering the contest. Hope you have a ball!

we are reilly said...

I can't even remember a time when I went to the circus...I know I must have as a child, but I don't remember -- I do love cotton candy though, so I'm sure I'd fit right in! :)

Gettysburg Mom said...

Why oh why is Chicago soooo far away? sigh.

the dragonfly said...

I can't enter the contest (the commute from Germany is a bit far!) but I always loved the circus too. I'm sure I'll take the Little Mister one day!! (and you've made me want Cotton Candy!!!!!!!)

:)

CaraBee said...

I loved the circus as a kid but I haven't been in 25 years, at least. I wish I lived closer, I would love to go, but sadly Baltimore is a bit of a hike. Great contest!

Anonymous said...

Count me out, too far. :o(
But great contest! Last time we went the kids were very little and man was it a blast!

I'll stick a link to you on my site though.

Melissa said...

Wish I lived closer... I haven't been to the circus forever!!

Tonya said...

Enter me and I will post about it and come back and leave the comment when it is up! Awesome. Do you know if there is an age that is free? I might need to purchase a few extra tickets...if we win :)

Anonymous said...

Going to the circus is one of my fondest childhood memories too! Count me in, I'd LOVE to take my kids! I'm heading over to post a ling right now...

WINDCITYMOM said...

I love the circus!!! I have 3 children and this will be their first time attending!

maejsmom said...

The circus we will go...
The circus we will go...
Hi Ho (who you callin a ho)?
Cotton Candy HO
The circus we will go!

marlena said...

We live about 3 hours from Chicago but would make the drive for this awesome show! Thanks!
m_huston(at)hotmail(dot)com

Related Posts with Thumbnails