Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Not for my husband's eyes...

A few months ago, Gwendomamma wrote a story of how she came to have a lovely necklace that held her son's memory close to her heart. This story touched me, as did the kindness of the artist that agreed to receive the necklace back to engrave for her. Inspired by such a tender tale, I felt compelled to click to her site and just look around.

Ha. HA! I say. Looking around her site made me all happy and wistful, wishing that I had reason enough to warrant purchasing such a lovely necklace for myself. As I began to move my mouse to that red "x" I saw it.

Perfect.

An absolutely perfectly perfect necklace for Patrick...

One of the few, RARE times I used my Paypal account. In fact, I had to call Pat to figure it out and be all "incognito" about it! I believe I said something to the effect of "Don't WORRY about why I need the number! Don't you trust me? GEEZ. Try to do something nice for somebody... I just won't even do it, then.." after which he interrupted and just gave me the #'s. He knew that if I was buying something online, it was probably cool and a good surprise.

Well, my dear husband is turning 37 this Saturday and I wanted to replace his cheap Jamaican necklace with something a little more personal. Something like this fish hook carved from coconut, symbolizing strength and abundance in providing for the family. Double that perfect meaning with a man who loves to fish, and I have, in my hands, a potential really, REALLY good gift.

Crossing my fingers that when I hand it to him whilst wearing the red dress, I will get the reaction I am hoping for...

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some awesome necklaces! Very cool! I'm sure Patrick will LOVE his gift. And the red dress will just make it "perfect".

:-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful jewelry! I hope Patrick has a great birthday. :-)

Tonya said...

Yay for the prefect gift.

pita-woman said...

So I take it Patrick doesn't read your blog & the surprise won't be ruined?

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Pita, um. No. I have asked and ASKED him to please read it, and he has, a few times. But it's like pulling teeth and I honestly can't stand to beg for his attention, you know?

Unknown said...

I'm sure he'll love it. How cold he not. Careful though, he might read your blog and just not tell you about it.

CaraBee said...

Those are really amazing! I am sure Patrick will love it!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Those are so beautiful, Tracey! I hope Patrick has a Happy Birthday! You have such adorable kids and such a wonderful family!!

Hugs!!

Dana said...

What cool necklaces! Of course the one that popped up on the screen first was the sun! Is that a hint? Should I be buying that for Jared? Maybe for Christmas. It seems to me, the last time I checked, he has a son or two......

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow! that site has some sharp stuff! And made from coconut? I'll have to visit back there when I become rich and famous! lol. OR when I get an extra $60

Honey Mommy said...

That's awesome!

I have the hardest time finding birthday presents for my husband. Good job.

Bridge said...

What beautiful necklaces. I'm sure it will go over big.

gwendomama said...

YEAH!!!! I AM SO GLAD you found something you love from SolArt - you will NOT be disappointed.

Alex Elliot said...

I just love it when I find the perfect gift!

Lynsey said...

such a cool website, thanks for posting about it! I hope Patrick will love the necklace!

Melissa said...

Those necklaces are amazing!! What a great gift idea!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Such cool jewelery! What a terrific gift, I am sure you will both enjoy his birthday...
Hope life is treating you well, take care,
Kristen

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he'll love it!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ooooh! Dana, what a great idea. A SUN for his sons...

Related Posts with Thumbnails