Monday, September 22, 2008

A little sumpin sumpin to tide you over...

Mornin Monday Bloggers! Hope you're as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as I need to be right now! Yawn... Heading off to a Cub Scout training do-hicky today which means I had to actually shower before taking the kids to school and that Corinne is heading to a neighbor's house for the day...
~~~~ Random thought that kept me up late last night which has contributed to my grogginess: How can I rearrange our master bedroom so that our bed doesn't back up against the wall which is opposite one of our son's headboards? Because now that I can reflect upon it, that wasn't the most brilliant layout... ahem...
~~~~
Our anniversary was this weekend! 11 years. Holy cow. 11 years of being married to my best friend....

We kept the celebrations really low-key this year. No trip like last year.
This year we had filets on the grill and made s'mores with the kids by the firepit under the stars. The gorgeous weather continued to agree with us on Sunday, so we took the kids to the nearby field and launched a model rocket. It was actually a really fun, really relaxed way to celebrate. That, and we are a tad pinched for cash due to an error on a tax form from a few years ago that Uncle Sam was so kind as to bring to our attention. Wasn't that nice of him?
~~~~
I managed to escape to the stores with actual MONEY to spend and major sales within which to shop. By mySELF. With no time limits. And NO KIDS. And I found a dress. A DRESS, folks!! A beautiful red, spinny dress for a wedding in October, dress shoes, and jewelry to complete the fancy outfit. I even splurged and bought a ruffly black blouse and a spring dress ($9 on clearance!) for NO KNOWN PURPOSE. This is totally not my normal behavior. I am usually tighter than a scrunchy on a gymnast so for me to break out like this was truly wild and crazy! I know! Livin on the edge in Illinois, eh?

Ok, the troops are circling round the oven which smells of cinnamon rolls that I baked from scratch. I also have freshly squeezed orange juice and a bowl of fruit salad with coconut for them so that they may start their day out properly. And if you really bought those lines, then you haven't been reading me for very long, have you?

Though I DID make cinnamon rolls from a tube that I opened all by myself. And I scratched myself as I pressed the timer. That should count for something, right?

13 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

You guys are my favorite couple. You're so cute together. Also, love that you used a Cure song.

Did he hear you or are you jusr being (my favorite word) proactive? I always think of the bed placement whenever I arrange a room. If it doesn't work out, there's always the floor!

tighter than a scrunchy on a gymnast

Made me laugh out loud (literally). I'm so stealing this.

Melissa said...

Hurray for 11 years! We'll have 11 in January :) It sounds like your day was nice and relaxing!

Gucci Mama said...

Happy anniversary! And I'll be laughing all day at "tighter than a scrunchie on a gymnast.

pita-woman said...

Congrats on your 11 years!
If you really want to doctor those cinammon rolls up with a personal touch, melt some chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips or whatever flavor you prefer)in the microwave for a few seconds, then spread over the rolls. Totally dee-lish!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on 11 years! Scratching totally counts by the way.

CaraBee said...

Congratulations on 11 years! That is a wonderful thing. The slide show is great. Isn't it fun to see hair styles over the years.

Kristi said...

Wow-11 years! That's no small accomplishment. Happy anniversary. And congrats on the shopping expedition. Sounds like you snagged some great deals.

Tonya said...

Happy Anniversary! Could you rearrange your son's room? Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! 11 years!
I really did LOL at "tighter than a scrunchie on a gymnast" ... I remember scrunchies! You don't see them around anymore, but Mum used to make me the coolest ones. Fluoro and everything (it WAS the 80's).

Beck said...

You're so funny! Happy 11th anniversary - that's great!
Cinnamon buns from a tube are MY FAVORITE. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Eleven years! Model Rockets! Cinnamon Rolls! All fabulous reasons to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

20 yrs in Feb. I feel that since we haven't killed each other yet, it'll be smooth sailing from here on out! (Although I think the true test was wallpapering a room with that wallpaper that goes on long ways rather than up and down)

We celebrate like you guys...normally with the kids. Eh, why not right? Happy 11 !

Michelle said...

sorry I'm so late, but a very happy and belated 11th anniversary to you guys! whoo hoo! Sounds like it was the perfect celebration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails