Saturday, April 07, 2012

Call me grumpypants

For such a gorgeous day, I am yelling an awful lot:

Clean the yard! CLEAN IT!

Don't take the dog off the leash to go on the slide!! OUR YARD ISN'T FENCED IN!

Stop YELLING at your SISTER!

Stop YELLING at your BROTHER!

Can't I just get a few minutes of quiet?!?! JUST A LITTLE QUIET??!!?

If you whine at your brother to "stoooopppp" ONE MORE TIME, I swear to GOD that I am going to LOSE MY SHIT!

CLEAN. THE. YARD. NOW!!

~~~
So, I'm trying to calm down so that I can be with my family today. We have a movie and pizza excursion for Evan's birthday present that I cannot be grumpy at. Deep breaths.

Maybe it's hormones? Maybe I need space? Maybe I need to just take a damn breath and not stress out over noise and mess and just enjoy life? Yes. All of those. But it sure would be nice if the children would cooperate a little more.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh how I understand your grief! My kids do the same thing! And I tend to yell a little too much too. There are days when I wish we could just skip these days of defiance and outright bratty-ness...but, I guess we have to endure....May God help us! :o)

Jenn said...

I yell alot! But my kids think it's funny, especially when I swear.

They make faces at me like 'take a chill pill mom' or my youngest will correct my grammar (smart ass). Then I start laughing because they remind me of how ridiculous I can sound.

Then it's all good.

I used to breath too, then I found out laughter is SO much more effective :)

Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails