Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Sounds

I've been privileged to listen to some fantastic sounds this year:

Finches chirping on the bird feeder outside of my kitchen window on a warm, summer morning...

My nephew's genuine belly-laugh as I raspberried his belly...

"Morning, Mommy. I love you," from the mouth of my stumbling, sleepy-eyed children, just before they begin to whine about not having ample breakfast choices...

The absolute absence of human noises in the "silence" of some of my favorite Illinois parks...

That delicious "pop" of the cork from a freshly opened bottle of good, cheap wine...


However, I believe that the most underrated but beautiful sound of this year was the metallic ring of our doorbell when my final online purchase Christmas present was delivered. Merry Christmas to ME as I am done shopping and wrapping and fully intend to just sit back and ENJOY this season!!

3 comments:

Balancing Lisa said...

Congrats on being done! Still waiting on 1 to be delivered, but all others are wrapped and ready to go! ;)

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

We WOULD be done except that LM (Love Muffin) has decided that the older two boys need more stuff. They're scheduled to get hand-me-downs (but NICE hand-me-downs), and she wants to get them something New. So ... we'll see.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Woohoo!

I love good mail days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails