Saturday, September 17, 2011

Supernanny can kiss my crochet hook

This morning, while watching Supernanny (nothing else was on. I SWEAR TO GOD), my kids' mouths were hanging open as the little girl flung herself about in a most impressive and incredibly piercing tantrum.

I paused in my crocheting (My rows are finally even!) and gave them the evil eye.

"Why is this shocking to you guys? That is EXACTLY what you sound like! Last night, even! This is why I sent you to your rooms!!"

Shaking my head and smugly smiling to myself because I, obviously, had a better handle on this parenting gig than those parents, I began to crochet once more. And then Corinne turned from the screen where the mother was literally tearing her hair out while shrieking at her children at the top of her lungs:

"But Mommy! THAT is exactly what YOU sound like!"

14 comments:

heidileanne said...

I love how children have the ability to humble us so thoroughly.

I have a feeling I sound like that to my children, especially this last week too. Not my proudest moments Supernanny can kiss my - uhh. . . spatula? ;)

Unknown said...

Dontcha just hate it when they do that - when they admit that you're SO right, you're wrong?

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

hahahahaha! I'm sure my kids would say that same thing. :P

Stacia said...

When I first started watching that show, I was like, "Supernanny should come here and do a show about my well-behaved family." Now, it's more like, "Please, please, please no one nominate me for that show." =>

Mark said...

Touche!
m.

Melisa Wells said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Melanie said...

HA! That's awesome. (And then what happened?) I do find that show amusing because I too smugly watch as these little heathens wreak havoc on a previously happy home. I never get to watch a full episode though because my kids start screaming for some attention.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Love you for blogging this story:D

Debbie said...

Hilarious. She's quick, that daughter of yours.

Gem said...

LOL! I watched the show a few times and always thought about the kids...never realizing I could sound just like the parents on there...LOL!

Unknown said...

LOL! Nice. ;-)

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Kids are just too funny! :)

nmaha said...

OMG! I'm so sorry, but I laughed so much that my tummy hurts.

Lisa Noel said...

aren't kids fun? too bad we can't sell them for cupcakes or something lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails