Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Still Alive

So. This year's first day of homeschooling has neared its end and all 4 of us are still alive.

A good day, indeed.

Truthfully, it went pretty well. I credit the fact that I am WAAAAAY more relaxed about this whole situation than I was in the past with my level of Mellow. I know they'll learn. I know we'll succeed. I know this, because we've already been doing it for 2 years. It's all good, man.

And so we forge onward into the next school year. I am confident that happiness will continue to find its way into our family more often than not and that many, many opportunities will arise because of our personal decision of this lifestyle.
The Hair.
The Eyes.
The Fancy Dress.*

The Pain.
The Happy Worker.
The Deceptive Smile.
*See the fancy dress? She decided that the first day of kindergarten warranted tights, heels and a party dress with matching cardigan-thingy. I adore this child.

6 comments:

Pink Lady said...

Glad to see you've survived the first day. May the rest of the year be just as ummm survivable.

Lindsay Schultz said...

Wonderful! Makes me want to wear a dress for no reason. And tights. Do they sell white tights for adults?

Mark said...

I wore those same heels to work yesterday. Really, they go with everything!
Congrats on a successful day. I didn't know that you homeschooled. You get cooler and cooler with each post.
m.

Melissa N. said...

Peace to your school year this year!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Another year begins! I totally need to remember to do the photos this year, looks like a good start. We have NOT started yet, and I am not motivated to do so:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this. We haven't started yet (Labor Day to Memorial Day is my planned school year this year). It's nice to read so many blogs detailing their level of "mellowness" or calm with homeschooling this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails