Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I Dream of Veggies

School is out and so is the sun. It's like Mother Nature realized she had left Spring on for too long and flipped the switch to Ultra Summer. It's HOT and SUNNY and I am grateful that we can afford the a/c this year!

This summer should also be interesting due to the fact that our next door neighbors are moving to Florida today. They were the neighbors that always lent me vanilla and watched my children at a moment's notice. My daughter's best friend since infancy and Evan's friend since he was 4 were their children and the gap that losing these friendships will leave is palpable. It's only 7:45 am and Corinne has already sighed TWICE that "..it's such a shame they had to move; they were good neighbors." So, if any of you have young kids and are looking for an affordable 3 bedroom home in the Far Southwest suburbs of Chicago*, please contact me. We need another set of Good Neighbors. Especially ones that stay stocked in vanilla.

At least we have my new GARDEN to keep my kids occupied:Evan, Corinne and I went to Ace yesterday and picked up tomatoes, peppers, oregano, parsley, and basil. I'm calling it our "Spaghetti Garden". After all of the work that we put into turning that sod over, hauling the dirt around and installing the fencing (mostly Patrick on that one), I can guarantee that we WILL harvest some vegetables this year. I had no idea how difficult it would be to set it up! All I can say is THANK YOU to my awesome husband for working all day long on Sunday. I LOVE IT! I continually peek out my window to check on it. Unfortunately, a garden is also a lesson in patience. This will be a tricky one for me. I even DREAMED about waking up this morning to find that the tomatoes had all sprouted 2 feet overnight.

Yep. I dreamed about vegetables. Feel free to inject the proper sarcastic remarks as you see fit.




*by "of Chicago" I mean "within 45 minutes of driving" because that's how we roll in Northern Illinois.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbors. :-(

I hope you have a very prosperous garden this year!!

CJ said...

At times, I'd love to move back. But then I visit and remember the traffic.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I wish I could grow stuff.

Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

I would love to be your neighbor! Especially since my current next-door neighbor is a basket case, and not one of the fun ones.

Dreambox 500s said...

I likes your thoughts and all this things that you post in this article it is really interesting read for me.I appreciate your thoughts and writing skill.

motorcycle chain said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

mobile signal booster said...

That is awesome! Thank you for the tip, The veggies pictured above all died, but I am going to plant more outside tomorrow. I hope it is not too late but it seems we are having a late spring.

Cheap Flights to Thailand said...

Over here you have posted really a great information so thanks for the this great stuff, in this bl9g post you have discussed such a useful stuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails