Monday, May 16, 2011

Nothing but the truth

After a day of prancing ballerinas and pizzaI settled down with a large glass of wine to watch Desperate Housewives in my room while the family watched the Bulls pour ice on the Heat (Take THAT, Miami!!).

Needless to say, I was extremely relaxed and chilled out when the kids tumbled through my door, jabbering and laughing and arguing. I exuberantly clapped my hands together like a regular old Pollyanna and chirped, "Well! Let's all promise to make tomorrow a GREAT day! How about it, Justin? Will you do your best at school work tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Excellent!" clap, clap. Chirp, chirp. "Corinne? How about my ballerina?"

"Yes, Mommy."

"That's my girl! Evan? What do you say? Can we make Monday a GREAT day?!?"

"I'm not making any promises I can't keep, Mama."

blink blink

"Did he? Did he really just say that?"

Roaring laughter of astonishment.

One quality I can brag about: he is honest.

It is moments like these that save Evan's rear end. I pray that today, mid-geography lesson angst, I remember the incredible laughter I had with everyone last night over his one-liner.I wish I could bottle this sweetness and uncork it around 1:30 during a melt down...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a certain wisdom in his remark that is, perhaps, a bit beyond his years.

The best I could ever get out of my boys, at that age, was a sarcastic "Yeah. Right, Dad."

He's a keeper.

CJ said...

Your kids are awesome....I wonder who they get THAT from?!?!

Stacia said...

Thank goodness kids are sweet when they sleep. And when they throw out lines like that. Otherwise, I might have to drop mine off at the zoo. =>

anymommy said...

That is awesome. Evan needs his own twitter account with lines like that.

Julie said...

Love the pic!

(for the oil go to naturaljulie.etsy.com)

Related Posts with Thumbnails