Thursday, June 03, 2010


Well, the school year is officially over. Which is kind of funny since we homeschool and I plan on them all still doing reading and math over the summer, and there is a science kit that requires outdoor ventilation that we want to work on and we have a geography fair next week and, and... Well. Let's just say that the transition to summer from homeschooling is just a touch less noticeable than when you attend a traditional school. We've kind of eased into summer, anyway.

I digress.

If you've noticed my absence, it's because I've been absent! It's true. The internet isn't as lustrous for me, right now. It happens to the best of us. It's especially noticeable for me when I actually WANT to go online and one of my kids is using the internet connection for the freaking XBox Live so I have to WAIT. Which SUCKS. And then the post is gone from my head and my desire to sit in front of a warm computer disappears alongside the ice water in my glass. It also doesn't help that I've been engrossed in book after book this past month, so any free time I DO have is spent trying to control the level of filth which we seemed to be living within. (It's a bit more manageable right now, but that can change at any given moment.)

Good Lord. The natives are getting restless and we need to go grocery shopping. Even now, with my few moments online, I am being pulled away.

Sigh. It's temporary. I know this. The ebb and flow of the internet has been a part of my life long enough that it's not really a surprise. But I do miss venting and recording on my little corner here...

Hey, I've got a giveaway without any entries!! Check it out!
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails