Saturday, May 08, 2010

More Evanisms...

Though he may drive me absolutely insane with his constant chatter and ability to ignore me until I am reduced to shouting, only to hysterically weep at being yelled at, he is pretty damn funny...

Said as we were cleaning up our gear after a soccer game,

"I'm not carrying a chair! All I am taking with me is this jacket and my dignity!"

Driving along the road (to soccer practice, coincidentally), he popped open our conversion van's window* and shouted to the Domino's driver beside us,

"I love your pizza!!!" Followed by the pointer finger and pinky held up in a "rock on" pose. He totally made the driver's day.

After that soccer practice, I asked him why he was so rough with his teammates. He kept elbowing everybody to the point that it looked like it was WWF out there! His reply,

"I HAVE to be rough, Mommy! I've gotta prepare my teammates for what's out there! Have you SEEN some of the kids that we play against? They're HUMONGOUS!!!"

His new phrase for days when he thinks he's being cute and funny:

"Shut yo pie-hole, woman!" **



*Jealous, aren't you?
** Yeah, that one rubs me the wrong way, but he says it in such a funny manner, that I honestly can't punish him too harshly. His cuteness and comedy is a curse, I tell you!

14 comments:

Stacia said...

Sounds like you've got a Jimmy Fallon or a Seth Meyers in training, woman. =>

Unplanned Cooking said...

LOL. The things that come out of their mouths...

Eliza said...

He sounds hilarious. The "dignity" comment made me LOL!!!

Gucci Mama said...

I LOVE the dignity comment. He's hilarious.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Haha! Hilarious! The next Jim Carrey maybe?

Manic Mommy said...

The jacket and dignity thing reminded me of Steve Martin in The Jerk; "All I'm taking is this ashtray..."

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

How adorable!!

Steph

we are reilly said...

thanks for the smiles today! :)

Issa said...

Sigh. Your first sentence...swear I could have written it.

He's dang funny. Sometimes I think it's their saving grace. That and being so dang cute. ;)

Jenna said...

I love the one about the pizza! I had a kid once say, "Were you born awesome, or did you have to work at it." Made my day.

Marinka said...

Love the dignity line! I'm even impressed that he knows that word. And that I do.

It's hard to discipline/punish when you're trying to hold it together and not laugh.

Kat said...

HAHAHA!!! The kid is hilarious! What a hoot! And a cutie too!!! :)
Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!

Tonya said...

cute! thinking this summer we each get a free ticket to the arboretum and meet up there again! sound good?

CaraBee said...

Shut yo piehole might be the funniest thing I've heard all week! It would have to be in just the right situation, though, because catch me in the wrong moment and my kid would be eating soap.

Related Posts with Thumbnails