Saturday, April 10, 2010

Why I was in my jammies at 10 am...

Yet another morning of awakening between an elbow and a knee. A morning of finding myself extra toasty warm from the bodies of Evan and Corinne pressed beside me. Just one more instance in which I savored the moment and stayed under the covers a liiiittttle bit longer... It's so easy to appreciate all of their individual quirks annoyances when their bodies are still and their mouths are SHUT. I know that these mornings will become fewer and further between until, one day, there are no small children who have bad dreams in my house; no little brains that continue working well after the day is done, causing nightmares* and shadows and monsters to appear. When their first response isn't to turn to me in the middle of the night....

So, though I may grumble about my lack of privacy and exposure to 3 growing kids, 24/7 (and I DO mean 24/7), I honestly adore mornings like today's....

*Evan's most recent nightmares? One involved his sister running down the street during a bad storm, and he couldn't get to her in time. The other one had TWO Corinnes: One good, One Evil.**

** Soooo.... two nightmares in one week revolving around his little sister. Should I be worried?
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails