Monday, March 29, 2010

Mine. Allllll mine...

I love my weird kids. I love that we don't fit the bill of your everyday, run-of-the-mill family...
Yes. That IS my son with hair past his shoulders. And yes. I AM wearing pigtails (though it is apparently something of a laughing matter to some parents in the neighborhood)...
Yes. Evan IS hugging a football. And he IS hiding his feet because I was trying to document the filthy state of his socks. The dirty, icky socks that he hadn't changed in days. The yucky socks that he put back on AFTER his bath because there weren't any other clean ones that felt "right." He has a bit of a "sock issue"... Gold-toe stripes only. "ONLY WOMAN!" as he would say.
Yes. My daughter DID line up her china set. Not for a tea party, persay. (though we do have a lot of those). Nooooo.... She was doing running jumps over the orange plate to the yellow cup. In an apron. And a chef's hat.
Why, yes! My daughter DOES like to tie strings to random objects and walk them around the house! Funny that you should notice...
Do you mean to tell me that most 4 year olds DON'T take their tea cups for walks around the house? Are you implying that my child is (gasp) WEIRD?

Well.... Thank you. I take that as a compliment.

23 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

That's awesome. You have very cute kids. I find them endearing, not weird! ;)

Unknown said...

Your kids look oddly normal, to me. But then, you've never met mine.

Tonya said...

you are too funny. great post!

Stacia said...

We are plate liner-uppers and jumper-overs here, too. Clearly, we need to work on our jumping attire, though, and acquire some culinary accessories as cool as Corinne's. Also, I love the pigtails (and your oldest's shirt!!). =>

Joy said...

They are wonderful!! And if I had beautiful hair like your son, I'd be wearing mine long, too. :D

Anonymous said...

We like to call these creative moments. I wouldn't say weird, although unconventional would fit nicely without the negative vibe.

Gettysburg Mom said...

1- I need the shirt for Shea. He got called a girl AGAIN last weekend at a party.

2- 3 out of 4 of my kids tie strings to stuff. 3 out of 4 of my kids then come to me at some point asking them to untie those same strings. Yes, i have shouted, "Well, stop tying things then!!"

Debbie said...

"ONLY WOMAN!"

I love it.

Your kids are awesome.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Thumbing nose at neighbors! Normal is SO overrated!

Pregnantly Plump said...

What a great outlook! We aren't your normal family, either. And while I still worry about Little Elvis' in social situations, I love his sweet little quirks.

6512 and growing said...

I like the cup on a string, looks like a normal day at my house.

Hannah said...

But "run of the mill" is BORING! Your kids are quirky, and gorgeous, and totally awesome! I have two quirky kids (one more so than the other) and I love it that they do things differently and think outside the box. It keeps life "interesting", that's for sure.

And you look CUTE with pigtails - keep wearing 'em!

Kim Moldofsky said...

At a certain point in life one begins to appreciate that weird is more interesting and promising than plain or normal. Love your older son's t-shirt.

Debbie said...

Looks like you have great kids! I love their individuality.

CaraBee said...

Well, OF COURSE, don't all teacups need walking around the house?

Your kids are awesome.

anymommy said...

Love you and your funny, awesome, weird family ;)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Love this.

I prefer a weird family to a normal one.

Daisygirl said...

I love that you love weird! So do I! But really that's not weird, Your son's hair is awesome! I have a 2 year old with a really long Mohawk!

And thinking about it I do long jumps over toys all day, that's not weird right?

Cow Town said...

Gasp! So my kids and I are wierd too? Cooool!
I came across your blog about a week ago. LOVE IT! Your family sounds like mine. :)

Jen said...

Kids have such a great spirit! It looks like yours gets theirs from you!

Eliza said...

This is hilarious and wonderful in the best way possible! Loooove it!

Kristi said...

Is it weird that I'm jealous of Justin's hair? Okay there, I've said it.

Sally Bishop said...

Taking a teacup for a walk would be nothing out of the ordinary at my house. My (almost) 4 year old walks her snack containers around the house on fishing wire. Glad to see she's not the only one. ;) However, they look like Teddy Grahams, so a little more toy-ish looking. Exactly like what they have on www.snackholder.com.Hopefully she won't get used to walking Mommy's fine china around the dining room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails