Sunday, January 10, 2010

Confession Time

I have a confession. One I'm unsure of whether or not I should make on this public blog. But this is, as I've said, not only my way to be in contact with all of you virtual people, but also my personal journal. One that I hope to keep for my future. Something that I can use to better understand myself, the decisions I've made and their consequences. That being said, this confession may come as a shock to most of you. Especially those that have known me for so long. I apologize in advance for any distress this admission may cause you...

Here goes...

I have a new love in my life. A love that I am guarding with bared teeth and might consider leaving my family for, should the decision be brought to a head. Them or B? I don't know, folks. I honestly don't know. I mean, my new love only brings me joy and happiness. B never causes me stress or worries and only asks for a bit of care from time to time. Just a few, kindly, quiet words of love and B will do whatever I ask. What more could I desire? To be cared for so completely is a foreign concept to me. One that I never thought I could attain. And honestly? One that I never fully let myself believe was possible.

Oh B... Where have you been all my life? How did I exist before your unexpected entrance into my world? I don't know what fates brought me this luck and to say I am grateful is like saying the sky is blue.
Beautiful, right? Excuse his empty tummy. I had to perform a little of that above-mentioned care after using my new Bissell on our first floor. Our first floor which apparently hadn't been properly vacuumed in weeks. Our first floor which was SO FILTHY that I had to empty the canister 4 TIMES.


4 Times, folks. 4 canisters full of dirt, cat hair, food crumbs, and God Knows What Else that we were living in.

Excuse me while I gag a bit.

You can understand why I am obsessed with my new love, right? You can understand why even the entrance of another new love pales in comparison, right? You can understand why the mourning period for my Hoover (God rest its soul which left us this morning) was brief and quickly forgotten.

Now please excuse me for I have to unlock the bathroom door and gently reinstall the filters that I lovingly rinsed with "warm soapy water". The bathroom that I locked even though my beautiful children did the potty dance all night, begging to use the downstairs toilet.

"No way! Go upstairs. My beloved's personal effects are slowly drying, awaiting my next use! You may NOT be near them!!"

Yes. I actually deprived my children from the closest restroom. I told you I was obsessed.

Now I have to find a way to gently break the news to Patrick...


(Obsessed with cleaning yourself? I've got a new giveaway on my review blog! Check it out!)

15 comments:

Daisygirl said...

too funny, I have that vacuum as well...I love new vacuums they work so nicely and its truly a wonderful yet disgusting feeling after the 1st break-in vacuum session...

bernthis said...

I would make all those considerations if someone offered me the chance to live alone in a chocolate house

Lori said...

So funny! I have a complicated relationship with my vacuum. I love it, but I love my family too, and they hate the sound of my vacuum's voice. Can't stand to be around when the vacuum is around. Therefore, we have to find time to be alone together when the family is out, and that can get tricky, but the love is strong, and we make it work. Unfortunately I have a family of pigs who don't mind living in filth, and they don't understand how important it is for me to have time alone with my beloved vac.... Ah, relationships are so complicated!!!

CaraBee said...

Ha! We need a new vacuum. Actually, I would rather a new housekeeper, but neither are happening, so I'll just have to live with the old vacuum. Sigh.

Enjoy your new love!

Unknown said...

Annie insists you'll have to rip her Kirby from her cold, dead hands.

Daisygirl said...

I left you an award on my blog today...

Issa said...

Laughing. Thank you for this. needed it.

sheila said...

lol, you suck! (get, it? vacuum? suck) Okay, stupid joke.

One thing I really really need is a new one. I've had mine for too many yrs. It's on it's last leg. *sigh*

Shane always rolls his eyes at me when I show him the contents of the clear canister. lol But mine is a Eureka. Yours is wayyyyy nicer

Anonymous said...

I have a little vacuum for now. Swept my carpet the other day so I didn't have to shlug a Vacuum.

Jeni said...

I picked up a new vacuum over the holidays and was disgusted to see just how much cleaner it got my floors in comparison to my old (and very decrepit) vacuum. It's the little things that count. Hope you and B have a long and happy relationship :)

mep said...

All my best to you and B! When I read your post a couple weeks ago about changing the vacuum bag, I thought to myself, "She needs one of the bagless ones."

Enjoy!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

there is nothing like a power vacuum

nothing

Candi said...

ROFLMAO! Oh man. Love it. I felt the same way about my last two vacuums! Neither of which lasted a full year. Which I find ludicrous. What's the average life span of a vacuum, anyway? Is a couple years too much to ask?!

I mean, they still work, just not well. I've had a Dirt Devil and Hoover the past two times. Maybe I should try Bissell next. ;-)

Tonya said...

you crack me up! you could bring that to my house and clean if you want ;)

Gettysburg Mom said...

I missed this post before. I don't know how to break it to you, but your new love was mine first. We started seeing each other in November. If you need the proof, look behind Sleeping Beauty. I think he is vacuum enough for both of us though...

Related Posts with Thumbnails