Monday, December 28, 2009

Ohmmmm

The kids were all quietly playing downstairs. The heaps of underwear I had scrubbed in the tub was wrung out and waiting in the sink. I had NOTHING calling for my attention so I allowed myself to lie back in the steaming bath water and focus on the swirls of soap, letting my arms bob to the surface... As the corners of my eyes fuzzed over and began that blissful blackening that occurs when I honestly center myself on complete relaxation, my head sank lower and lower, and I concentrated on ignoring the urge to twitch or move a single muscle. It was as my nose reached the water level that I realized that lying on my back in the bathtub may not be the safest place for meditation...

But it's the only place it's quiet and clean enough for me to be STILL! Maybe I should meditate with a snorkel?

14 comments:

sheila said...

Ahhh, lol! Isn't it nice to get just a few minutes of alone time? Bliss.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

LOL. It might not be a bad idea. We have to find our peace wherever we can, right? ;-)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

time for a good but quick fix, for yourself, and for your blog friend..
this is exactly what I do.

http://www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
welcome for a visit when you are free.

JC said...

You crack me up. Might just have to indulge in a bath myself tonight since I am kid free and won't be bugged. I say meditate away!!!

Unknown said...

Okay. It's Christmastime, so the Dirty Old Man is going to go right past the whole "Naked lady in a bathtub" thing. However, Dirty Old Man wants to reserve the right to re-visit the topic at a future time.

Now that my alter ego ahs vented his spleen ... you meditate?

Menopausal New Mom said...

Oh that sounded so dreamy until you started to sink! What I wouldn't do for a nice uninterrupted soak in the tub, any tub!

we are reilly said...

good for you to get a couple of moments alone -- take advantage of it, but BE CAREFUL! :)

CaraBee said...

Glad you got some relaxation even if it was marred by a little matter of how to breathe. I think a snorkel is an excellent idea!

I never been much for baths. The idea of them always seems so much better than the reality. The water gets cold too fast. It doesn't cover enough of my body. I'm never satisfied.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got time alone! Thank you for your sweet comment!

apathy lounge said...

Yes. A snorkel! Or one of those really big and old fashioned diver's helmets.

Unplanned Cooking said...

I love, love, love unwinding in the bath. Unfortunately one or more children usually end up climbing in with me before it's over :).

Anonymous said...

LOL you're hilarious.

oh wanted to share this with you - a cute trailer i saw in theaters when i was watching the Squekuel this weekend with my babies:

it's Despicable Me - heard of it?

http://bit.ly/5fDDpC

really cute little guys that my boys loved.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ahh yes, I love taking baths. It's been awhile since I had one.

Cynthia said...

I'm with Elisa...take it where you can get it:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails