Sunday, November 01, 2009

You know you've been blogging a long time when you go to put in a title and it's already been used... more than once.


There's nothing quite like a children's party. Especially once your kids have grown to the point that you no longer have to scan every square inch for choking hazards and electrical outlets. When the offspring can disappear into the rooms of a friend's home the moment you arrive and you aren't TERRIBLY concerned that they'll do more damage to themselves than they might to the house? When you can crack open a wine cooler or beer and know that no one's going to look funny at the mommy drinking booze while rocking a baby? Ahhh... It's heavenly. There definitely are a FEW advantages to this whole "older kid" parenting gig.
It's amazing to me that so many little boys with light sabers, ninja swords and Nerf guns can play for more than 8 hours straight without any permanent injuries to themselves or the battlefield filled with glasses of pop and plates of chocolate cake. Thankfully, yesterday's birthday party/Halloween party at our friend's home went off without a hitch. Though every child was amply sugared up (can we say birthday cake AND Halloween candy sloshing around in a belly full of Sprite and Coke?), no one had a melt down that sticks out in my head which means that no one had a melt down at all. Cool how memory works like that, eh?


Hmmmm. I forgot to post this yesterday! Oops. Don't forget I that I have 2 giveaways on my Review blog! Free food and free baby clothes!

6 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

great costumes - glad you all had a great halloween

mep said...

I am SO looking forward to the days when we can go to a party and not have to follow our kids around the entire time, praying that they don't break something, hurt someone, hurt themselves, spill juice, etc. Our oldest can play on his own a bit now, but the little guy . . . NO WAY!

Sounds like a great day!

Also, I hear you on blog titles. Sometimes I come up with one and I think it is so clever and so original and then figure out I already used it . . . kind of freaks me out to be that forgetful.

Kat said...

I love having babies in my house so much, but you just gave me a bunch of things to look forward to. :)

Unknown said...

Just use it again and add the date. Like this "blah blah blah 11-2". Works good. And it helps when the brain is stuck in brain fart mode and won't get out of it. Leaves more time for coffee.

Daisygirl said...

I love Halloween! Sounds like your was wonderful! Great costumes :)

Tracie said...

Everyone looks great in their costumes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails