Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stages of childhood...

Every child goes through at least 8,645 stages before they reach age 18. It's a scientifically proven fact.

Cross my heart.

I know this because I have been doing this parenting gig for 10 years, 8 months, and 6 days for 3 different children and my children are well on their way to achieving that number. The good stages of "I love to wash dishes with Mommy" or "Diaper Thrower-Awayer" don't seem to last very long. This is rotten not only for the loss of the genuine help but also for the fact that the BAD stages of "biting my brother when he touches my favorite bear" or "melting into a pile of screaming goo when Mommy says 'No' " seem to last that much longer in comparison.

My most favorite stage is presently in full swing in my household! Which one? It's not the "I love homework" stage or even the "I like to vacuum" stage. No, no... It's EVEN. BETTER...




Finish reading...

5 comments:

sheila said...

Boy, this post brings back memories.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

so far my son just 'accidentally throws' his sister down on the ground when he's getting in trouble for something, it's the kick the dog affect but works so much better when you have a little sister instead of a dog

Sarah RDH said...

hmm what stage are we at? we are at the "mommy i peed on my backyardigans couch! it was soooo FUNNY!!"

I'm there. (picture Allstate commercial...or State Farm, whatever it is...)

Issa said...

Oh yay you. I just adore that stage. oh wait, I'm still in it. dam it's a long stage. lol.

Laski said...

We're here . . . "melting into a pile of screaming goo when Mommy says 'No' "

So. Much. Fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails