Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stage #1672 in full swing!

Originally posted at the former Chicago Moms Blog on October 25, 2009

Stage #1672 in full swing!

Tracey Becker Every child goes through at least 8,645 stages before they reach age 18. It's a scientifically proven fact.

Cross my heart.

I know this because I have been doing this parenting gig for 10 years, 8 months, and 6 days for 3 different children and my children are well on their way to achieving that number. The good stages of "I love to wash dishes with Mommy" or "Diaper Thrower-Awayer" don't seem to last very long. This is rotten not only for the loss of the genuine help but also for the fact that the BAD stages of "biting my brother when he touches my favorite bear" or "melting into a pile of screaming goo when Mommy says 'No' " seem to last that much longer in comparison.

My most favorite stage is presently in full swing in my household! Which one? It's not the "I love homework" stage or even the "I like to vacuum" stage. No, no... It's EVEN. BETTER...

"I love my brother/sister but I want to literally strangle him/her so I shall wrap my hands around their neck and kick and scream and try to murder him/her whenever something doesn't go my way."

THAT STAGE.

I can just hear the jealous exclamations through my computer's monitors...

The BEST part of this stage is yet to be said. For the absolute frosting on top of this stage is that when said siblings (who honestly love each other so much they actually hold hands when they fall asleep. I kid you not.) engage in bloody warfare, I get to kill 2 birds with one punishment. For we? Are a homeschooling family. And my kids? Have never had so much penmanship practice as this week has allowed.

I told you it was a great stage, right?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Mine have recently entered this stage. I'm thinking of locking them in a room and seeing who wins... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails