Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Icky, Yucky, Very Bad Day

Rawr. I am GA.Rum.Py. You may want to just turn your head and look the other way. It ain't pretty right now. My eyebrows? They're all knotted together in a perpetual frown and I am READY for 8 pm. Bring on the nighttime so that we can start a new day tomorrow!

Kids whined when asked to get dressed and (gasp!) brush teeth? Check.

Kids threw tantrums (to the degree of hysterical tears and claims that I don't care about them) over the fun activities (including science experiments, cooking on their own and making musical instruments) that I had planned for the day in lieu of boring paperwork?* Check.

Mom threw a tantrum (to the degree that I said something along the lines of "if you don't like doing FUN ACTIVITES instead of busy work all day long, then maybe you should go back to public school?!?")** that No ONE appreciated the FUN. DAY. I had prepared (damnit)? Check.

Freezing rain continued to fall and make it impossible to send said unruly offspring into the yard to burn off this attitude? Check.

Laundry is piled on my couch. Dishes are towering in my sink. I am in my robe, having never reached the nirvana that is the steaming hot shower with strawberry soaps... The kids are dirty. I am growling (literally) and Today? Today is an icky, yucky, very bad day.

Overall, this day can just fade into oblivion and I'd be happy as a lark. Of course, by documenting the absolutely craptastic day we had, I have now permanently ingrained it into my memories.

Fabulous. Genius skills. I should get paid for this shit.

* They are totally getting extra math work tomorrow. That'll teach 'em, right? I am nothing if not mature.

** I regret this, but it was said, so I can't erase it. When you've been trying to calmly diffuse an unreasonable argument, every person has their limit. Even the most serene person has their glass ceiling to be broken.

13 comments:

JC said...

hope tomorrow is better. I know how it is when things slip out you wish wouldn't. Believe me, my 3 year old has been throwing that s--- back in my face!

Sarah RDH said...

Hysterical. I agree, today was not a good day! My 3 1/2 yr old BIT ME for the first time ever today, as I was wrestling him to get his pants on this morning, which in turn made me so pissed my eyes crossed and I felt my boil in my face; which in turn, made me flip his little butt over and spank him as I screamed "YOU DO NOT BITE MOMMY OR ANYONE ELSE EVVEERRRR!!!". And of course, when I flipped him over, he smacked his head on the arm of the couch, and cried all the way to my in-laws, and told his papa that I hit him against the couch and his ear hurt SO BAD. And then I took my 3 hr glucose test, which requires being stuck in the arm 4 times for 4 vials of blood; the glucose drink almost made me puke, and the waiting room was full of sick trashy people wearing masks. Including a toddler and his large-and-in-charge-not-to-mention-in-need-of-a-shower mother, who chose to "let it go" when her son's pants were falling off and he was sitting in the chair bare-assed in front of everyone. Some people. Phew.

Hopefully, tomorrow is better for both of us! lol

CaraBee said...

Oh Tracey, I'm so sorry you had such a craptastic day. We've had the yucky cold, rainy weather here that seems to be infecting everyone's moods. Here's hoping the weather and your tomorrow is better!

Cynthia said...

I think it's something in the air. I've been having some craptastic myself:( Needless to say, I'm looking forward to getting out on the 7th...where the heck are we going?

Dana said...

Sounds like a perfectly crummy day. If it makes you feel any better, I've had a miserable day too. I know, misery LOVES company...

Chinablue said...

The only thing I want to do when in the middle of a bad day is to get it over with, crawl into bed and wait for tomorrow to come. My kids are older than yours, so my problems are probably of a different type.
Sometimes I think I'll get a job as revenge on them.... leave them at the mercy of a maid (like most families in Singapore)...
I've just started a blog -- wanted to ventilate some of the frustrations of staying at home and looking after 3 children (2 kids + 1 husband): http://from-pillar-to-post.blogspot.com/. Do leave comments -- I really need to have some form of communication with adults!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

So sorry, Tracey. I've had a few of those days lately too. It's been raining here for a week and a half straight. UGH! Constant rain does bad things to my state of mind. You'll laugh at my blog post today - a snippet from an article "How to Be a Happier Mom" (from the Fishful Thinking website)'cause as the saying goes "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." haha :)

I hope today is better for ya!

Unknown said...

I hope, truly, that today is better for you than yesterday was. What you need is a spa day. But then - don't we all?

E... said...

I had this day TODAY. I lost it over crayons broken all over the floor and no one listening to me about cleaning them up. And then N. pulled dried up play doh out of the GARBAGE and ground it into the carpet. So sorry for you, and hoping your today is better

Issa said...

Dang it. I hope today is better.

I have said things i regret. done things i regret. the thing is, there is always tomorrow...today, you know what i mean.

HUGE HUGS.

P/F said...

We sent our 3rd grade teacher out of the class in tears once because we didn't appreciate *at all* the creative project she attempted to wow us with. She was so upset that the teacher next door to us came over to yell at us for being ungrateful little snots.

Maybe you should have your next door neighbor come over

Manic Mommy said...

I missed this post and had to see what you were better today from. (Not even a sentence, I know).

We all have those "why me?" days. They fade. Even in the blogisphere.

Kristi said...

This sounds like me, every day of the week. ;) Hope you're better today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails