Monday, October 12, 2009

A Day In the City

We went to watch Corinne's favorite band (besides the Beatles and Tool, and I don't think we'll be taking her to EITHER of those concerts anytime soon) yesterday. Gustafer Yellowgold Rocked. The. House. Schuba's was cram-packed with the under 6 crowd and their designated drivers. Many hip, young city preschoolers sang along with Morgan Taylor as he led one of the cutest kid concerts I've ever been to. My family had already loved the music, but to have him narrate and connect the songs made the character so much fuller and more adorable. I want to send out a huge thank you to them for including me, my daughter and my best friend in such an engaging experience.

Check and see if Gustafer is coming to a city near you! I promise you, we will be going when they come back to Chicago!
This is par for the course lately. Why do all kids go through a silly face stage when being photographed? And how cute are we three? Pretty damn cute, if you ask me.

Listen to the video. Can you tell we have the cd playing in the van ALL THE TIME?

It was such a GORGEOUS day in Chicago, that we headed over to Lincoln Park Zoo. "I love having just da girls, Mommy!" I heard this a lot... And since we managed to find an open and FREE parking spot RIGHT outside the zoo entrance, we had an almost entirely FREE day in Chicago! (We had to buy a Dora ice cream, you know...) It is always refreshing to have only 1 child on a fun outing. We watched the lions roar (twice!), polar bear swim, and monkeys beat the tar out of each other,

"They're brother and sister, right?"

That'd be my guess, baby girl.


Please look at the picture on my sidebar of the missing girl from Aurora, IL...

15 comments:

Dana said...

sounds like an awesome girls day! Wish I had a girl to have a girls day with...it's somehow not the same with a boy!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i enjoy the days when it is just me and my oldest too - i forget how easy it used to be

CaraBee said...

Girl's days are the best!

I love that picture of Corinne on the gorilla statue!

Gustafer Yellowgold said...

Thanks Tracey! We were really happy to be able to come and visit Schubas and Chicago, and it's really inspiring to see how much Corinne enjoyed the show!
Hope we'll be back soon.
Thanks!
The Yellowgold Home

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ooh! The REAL Gustafer commented on my site. I feel famous by association!

:)

Gustafer Yellowgold said...

Gustafer loves you!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

AAACK! I am having a conversation on my comments with Gustafer! A real, live Sun dude!

There is nothing in life that prepares one for this type of situation. What should I say? How does one act?!?

Gustafer Yellowgold said...

Just Keep It YELLOW!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Holy balls. I am totally laughing over here. Mainly because I was sitting here going, "I wonder if they'll comment again?!?"

Giggling and cracking myself up. Granted, it doesn't take much, but a conversation with Gustafer is actually a REAL highlight in my life! I was all bummed because I lost my tattoo from the concert. But this? THIS WINS.

Gustafer Yellowgold said...

We can send you another tattoo if you like?!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh! How sweet. You don't have to. I think I'll survive. But thank you so much and this "comment conversation" has filled my night with lots of laughter, so thank you. I am off to settle down the rowdy kids that are SUPPOSED to be sleeping. Have a lovely night to the entire Gustafer group!

Gustafer Yellowgold said...

G'night!

The Robin's Nest said...

Love the Lincoln Park zoo! I used to live in Chicago - not anymore. What a great thing to live close to - and the price can't be beat!

Tracie said...

"Brother and sister right?" - Too funny! Sounds like something my kids would naturally assume. Love the pics!

Gucci Mama said...

What fun! I'm so excited for Ella to be old enough to have girls day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails