Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oopsy doodle.

Note to self:

When you are engaged in a riveting game of Bejeweled Blitz (my high is 315,000. Oh yes; It IS.) and you hear your husband come around the corner to spy on you and you say "Don't you dare come in here! You know you always f%ck me up!" without looking up to be SURE it's your husband? Might I suggest using your eyes before throwing the F-bomb around?

Because that heavy shuffling that sounds exactly like your husband might just be your ever-growing ten-year-old son, wandering about the house at 11 pm, confused and bewildered into believing that it's 11 am, instead of pm. And then you might just have to wash your mouth out for swearing at your baby boy that way...

Just a thought.
~~~~
Today was a bit better. Despite the fact that I realized I had forgotten about a den meeting that I had planned (I'm the leader. Oops.) and having to punish Evan for brutalizing his sister. Despite all the little shit, today was a still a bit better... Thanks for your thoughts....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay - we are going to have to teach little sister some self defense techniques - because sometimes that's the only way a little boy is going to learn that valuable lesson that causes the following thought process to occur - "If I hurt my sister it's going to hurt me just a little bit more."

Manic Mommy said...

HRH told Gremlin to 'shut up!' the other day. I asked him who he heard it from. Answer? Me. Honestly, I might say it to the dog but never to the kids. Great lesson though. Oopsy!

Gucci Mama said...

I cannot be the only one who thought that was uproariously funny. This Bejeweled thing is getting out of hand. Soon we'll both need a twelve step program at best, a ninety day stint in something called Beautiful Horizons in Palm Springs at worst. I'm out for blood, by the way, Mrs. 315,000 points.

CaraBee said...

As my daughter is mimicking me more and more, I am increasingly aware that I need to watch my language because there are way too many f-bombs in our house.

And 315,000! I am effing flooring!

Tracie said...

I have never played Bejeweled. I don't think I should start either.

Sarah RDH said...

hahahahaha that is amazing!! i literally laughed.out.loud.

Ruby said...

315,000!!! No way! Have I told you lately that you're AWESOME! Really, you are;)

Gettysburg Mom said...

Ready for a huge parenting confession? We let the kids swear. They have to follow certain rules- no swearing in front of teachers, most family and other kids. The general guideline is that if someone swears in front of them first, then they can swear in front of that person. Result? They don't swear. No interest in it at all. To be honest, Atlee couldn't follow the rules, so she had the privilege yanked. She still doesn't swear.

Didn't mean to interrupt your Bejeweled game to make you come check a comment... :)

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Hahahahahaha....I have so done that also! If anyone interrupts my Bejeweled game they are in BIG trouble!

Issa said...

315k on bejeweled? On facebook? You are my hero. I am now bowing down to the champion. I'm lucky if I can get a 150k.

Related Posts with Thumbnails