Friday, October 09, 2009

Cleaning for a Reason

I got an email from my mom telling me about a foundation called Cleaning for a Reason. It's a non-profit organization that provides free house-cleaning for women with cancer.

What a lovely idea. What a helpful, easy thing to do that can make a world of difference for a family struggling with such a difficult situation. I encourage you to visit their site and see if there is any way you can help. They accept donations, but if this isn't something you can do, they also need the word of mouth to bring attention to their site. Another easy way to help? If you already use a cleaning service, ask if they know of Cleaning for a Reason. Or, consider switching to a local service that does participate in this charity. And LET THEM KNOW! Let them know why you switched. Companies need to see that we care about their policies as well as their procedures.

Do you know of a woman who might benefit from this service? If so, I am so sorry that she is dealing with cancer. Perhaps she may be interested in hearing about Cleaning for a Reason to relieve even a tiny bit of the unquestionably enormous amount of stress in her life.

Thanks guys. And please, pass it along.

10 comments:

OHmommy said...

OMG Tracey. My MILs house is an absolute mess. I was going to offer to clean it myself but was feeling strange as to how to approach her about it. Even my kids notice the dust bunnies in corners and the months worth of dust.

Thanks. (Hugging you)

Jennifer said...

What a great service! I hadn't heard about it, but will pass the info along.

Cynthia said...

What a great idea!

CaraBee said...

Now I have an excuse to have someone come in and clean our house. Charity!

Obama fraud said...

Interesting. I like reading your opinions and ideas. Great blog.

On a different note, do you know of the Obama administration and its possible role in bringing the H1N1 flu virus to everyone? You need to read this: How President Obama lied about the H1N1 flu virus!

Savvy-Motherhood said...

WHAT a GREAT GREAT idea! I love that and thank you for sharing that. I will pass the info onward.

Life Laugh Latte said...

Love it. Will check it out. Thanks for bringing our attention to it. Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

Tonya said...

That is an AWESOME cause!

Debbie Sardone said...

Tracey, thank you for your kind remarks! We now have over 550 cleaning companies in the foundation and we've helped over 2,000 women in four years.

We need everyone to call a local maid service and urge them to join! That is such a need. Thank you for getting the word out.
(p.s. my sister-in-law owns a home-school business and my other sister-in-law has homeschooled bother her children their entire lives!--kudos to you)
Debbie Sardone
Founder, Cleaning For A Reason

Jim Handy man said...

Very helpful post thanks for the info. That amazing. I just want to share the cleaning information.handyman services northern va . I hope you enjoy it. Thanks, admin for sharing very helpful content. I'm waiting for your next article.

Related Posts with Thumbnails