Monday, September 21, 2009

Ending one and beginning another.

Dude. What a long, long looooong, FREAKING LONG week that was.

OVER. It's over and I'm moving on.

I was looking around my house and realizing that I have some serious cleaning to do if I am to make sure my nephew survives his sleepover this weekend. My sister and brother-in-law are having a weekend away and we're taking the kids 2 of the nights. But my nephew is under 2 and my house? Is no longer toddler safe! Crap! Legos everywhere, open staircases, and lots of fun stuff to pull off of shelves. He should have a blast. I may have a coronary...

Good thing he's so damn cute.

Corinne and my niece will entertain themselves (without a single fight! Because they LOVE each other!) while I chase my nephew and hope that the boys just do their work without much instruction. We'll see how this pans out!

Did I mention it was a long week? Yeah. That's putting it mildly. At least the basement didn't flood and no one got sick and I didn't paralyze my arm and the toilet didn't overflow. Maybe we're breaking the curse of bad luck whenever he's out of town??

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

14 comments:

Daisygirl said...

I agree last week was a long week. I hope this week brings you good luck!

Me said...

Do Corinne and your niece really get along without a single fight? Because if so? That's AWESOME!

Kate's best friend? Is two months older than her. They constantly ask for each other, want to visit and then spend the ENTIRE time screaming and fighting. Ugh!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

They do get along well, but there was a serious dose of sarcasm in my post. I mean, what set of 3 year olds don't make a racket?

Me said...

Haha, how true. As long as it's not like Kate and her friend. Seriously. All day. Screaming. Argh.

CaraBee said...

Okay, here's the question: when are sis and bother-in-law taking YOUR kids so YOU and Pat can have a weekend away??

Gucci Mama said...

Last week was totally a week straight from hell. Let's hope this one comes from a place that isn't so fiery and brimstone-y.

Unknown said...

Seems like EVERYBODY has been having one of those weeks.

anymommy said...

Onward, girlfriend, onward. This week shall be better. Shorter. Something.

PS So glad you reconnected with your friend and she found the love and support she needed.

Amanda of Shamelessly Sassy said...

I hope this week is no where near as long as last week for me! Have a good one!

Mrstx said...

Have fun watching the 2 year old! My husband calls that the 'suicidal elf' stage. They have no fear and they just kind of bump around and get hurt. They are super cute though!

mep said...

Hope your week is off to a great start! What a good sister you are!

Star said...

I hope you have an easier week this week!!

Tonya said...

you took on two more kids while your husband is out of town?! are you crazy???

Beck said...

Plus side: THIS WEEK IS GONNA BE SO EASY IN COMPARISON!

Related Posts with Thumbnails