Friday, February 13, 2009

The ONE DAY taxes aren't a dirty word...

Is there anything better than getting your tax return, so you can pay a few debts and breathe a bit easier?

I think not.

Especially since you can then justify finding a ten-dollar bill to treat yourself and your daughter to a girl's day at the mall, where you will share soup and salad (and a chocolate chip cookie!) at Panera. She will be so charming and polite that tears will actually well up in your eyes at the beautiful and amazing girl you are raising. Add to that the free gift card for $30 at The Children's Place you received from Michelle so that when you take her into the store, you can actually buy that adorable 2-piece swimsuit for said adorable daughter. She will then jump up and down and hug it, exclaiming in a booming yet strangely, still squeaky voice,

"I didn't KNOWED I was getting a new SVIM suit!! Thank you so much, Mommy!"


Oh how I wish I could just take a suit off the rack and KNOW that I would look adorable in it...


Think kind thoughts for me this weekend as Justin's final day as a 9 year old is tomorrow. I think I have cried a little every day, and many old photo albums have been thumbed through with wistful "Awwww!!"'s and "Oh my God, he was so CUTE!"'s being uttered.

Poor kid's gonna get a complex.

18 comments:

the mama bird diaries said...

What a super cute suit!! Love it.

anymommy said...

Well, he is adorable, so he better get used to it. I still can't believe how gracefully you are handling double digits.

She looks so happy w/that bathing suit. So fun.

Kristin said...

Awww, what fun! Cute suit and such a happy girl to go along with it!;) Kids grow way too fast, don't they. 10 is certainly a huge milestone with many more to come!!!

Kat said...

Aww. What a great day!
And yes, many happy thoughts for you this weekend. :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, and I can't wait to show him the lengthy card I made that explains his birthday trip we're taking!!

Tee Hee!!!

Gettysburg Mom said...

Can we ask what the final trip decision was or would it spoil the surprise?

Atlee's been known to hug a box of cereal and declare that she's going to marry it. My grandkids should be interesting- and vitamin fortified.

Anonymous said...

Nice post! Money DOES come in handy at times. LOL.

Lifeofkaylen said...

Ha - it's cute that you cry at his photos...you should embrace his getting older! It only gets better as they learn more and grow to be these wonderful independent creatures.

Beck said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad you won the gift certificate. And yes, getting money back on taxes is a magical thing.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

What a great day for you and your girl! Love the suit and I hear you, how nice would it be to know it will just look fabulous on you without even trying it on! To be 3 again :)

Let's hear it for tax refunds!

mamatucci said...

Oh what a beautiful girl and thoughtful mommy!

CaraBee said...

We just got our taxes, too. Unfortunately, it's almost all spent. Sigh. That suit is adorable!

Leah said...

What a beautiful girl in a super cute suit!

Kristin said...

Great suit and great day. I'm expecting mine in a week or two. Can't wait to spend a little on something for me. That something will definitely NOT be a new suit!

Michelle said...

I"m glad to hear you had a fun time out shopping with your beautiful daughter...and scored a way too cute swimsuit for said beautiful daughter! Not to mention I'm so glad the card was found :)

Tonya said...

we get so excited about taxes here love getting extra money. That swimsuit is so cute!

Cynthia said...

So cute...new suits are the bestest!

Kristi said...

Sounds like a great day. And I love that suit! She looks precious in it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails