Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cheers!


In your imagination, insert a picture of me with my hair done, raising a glass of wine in toast to today's inauguration. Because I forgot to take one last night and my morning hair will NOT make you feel patriotic or inspired.

Instead, I'm heading off to spend the day watching an inauguration of a president for the first time.

May the next 4 years be ones of change. May President Obama and his family weather the stress and publicity and may we all remember that ONE PERSON cannot change the world. It's up to all of us...

Drumming to the music and being moved by the moment....

At least ONE of us was a little emotional today. She was more concerned with her accessories than the fact that our nation has inaugurated the first black man to our highest office...

Good Luck, Mr. President. God Bless...



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sharing that toast with you. Saw a great sign today that said "We Have Overcome". What a great day!

CaraBee said...

I know I got out my princess outfit for the occasion. We watched the celebrations all morning. A momentous day.

Kristi said...

Great post. I'm toasting right along beside you.

Damselfly said...

She really knows how to dress for the occasion! We watched a bit of the inauguration too, even though I know my boy is too young....

Damselfly said...

I meant, of course, too young to understand what is going on.

OHmommy said...

I took THE same picture today on my 365 challenge.

It was a great day.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Cheers! So excited for your country. We all curled up in our jammies this morning to watch.

Anonymous said...

Great post! And I love, love, love that pick of your daughter infront of the tv watching the inauguration crowds! Awesome pic!!!

Lynsey said...

He didn't get my vote, but I was still intrigued with all the festivities. Love the photo of you cheers'ing with the new president. ;-)

Lynsey

Anonymous said...

It was great day for everyone! What an amazing celebration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails