Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Trying to be positive

Karma is a vindictive bitch. If you're not careful, and complain about scraping snow and ice and getting a little bit cold, then you will forget to turn off your headlights and have a dead battery. You will then have to walk the 3 offspring on the very icy sidewalks to school (does no one salt anymore?). This stupid mistake will also occur on the day you were able to get squeezed into your hairdresser's to cover those roots before Christmas. It is also the day you HAD to get to the store to buy scrapbooks and art supplies for Cub Scouts which is TONIGHT. It is ALSO the day you are out of cat litter and had intended on buying a whole bunch so as to never run out again and have to give your cats a pitiful half inch of litter in which to do their business.

Ok. Though my ears are absolutely burning from the cold and my snot is still defrosting, I will look on the bright side... It is impossible to get into a car accident if you are unable to leave the driveway. And I am going to rethink the scrapbooks into temporary folders of which I think I have plenty. There are a ton of miscellaneous scrapbooking materials that I can rummage through to bring and I can think of a different, simpler, Christmas craft from what I have here... Coffee filter snowflakes?

See? Radiantly bright!

Oh, remember to enter my giveaway!

18 comments:

Ash said...

You are good!!

I can see your smile from here.

Very sorry about the hairdresser's.

Em

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

My battery was dead the other week, and a friend came to help me push it out of the garage and jumpstart it.

I felt like we were being so smart when we got out the manual to read how to pop open the cover of the gear shift lock releaser-thingie.

And then she pushed as I steered. I didn't want to add my weight to the weight of the car (as if my weight would really make a diffference!), so I stood outside and steered with the door open.

She and I both realized it was a lot easier to push a Honda minivan at the same time -- right when my driver's side door smashed into the side of the garage opening.

Lots of (EXPENSIVE) cosmetic damage, felt like the biggest dumbass.

point is:

COULD BE WORSE

(Glad you're smiling!)

Tonya said...

Man that stinks that you have no car. Hope you come up with a fantastic craft!

Leah said...

Karma stinks!
Glad you were able to to be positive though.

PS I have an award for you on my blog.

Kat said...

Oh no!!! Freaking karma.

I hope it all works itself out in the end.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

And the parents have come through by bailing me out on scrapbook supplies and binders. I have enough popsicle sticks, stickers, and glue for a very AWESOME ornament they can make.

Martha STewart has nothing on me.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

We all have those days! No fun, I tell you but it it makes you feel any better we all covered in snow and ice too and I am NOT loving it.

Hang in there winter can't last forever!

Anonymous said...

Love how you've managed to find the silver lining in your day, Tracey! I'm sure tommorrow will be a much better one :-)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

You are so creative! But that totally sucks.
Hope you get warm.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Love looking on the bright side of life......

Come and get your award! You deserve it!!

Hugs!!

Skiplovey said...

That seriously blows. When it comes to hair, I might even consider taking a cab.

Kristin said...

I hate dead batteries. Batteries always go dead on the worst days at the worst times.

I tagged you for a game on my blog. Check it out.

Christina said...

Here's hoping that karma will reward you for putting up with today with an excellent day very soon.

I'm impressed you can be positive after all of that!

CaraBee said...

I got stuck at a restaurant, by myself, with a dead battery when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Good times. Here's hoping today is better!

Anonymous said...

Befeven got to the part about the bright side and 'can't get into an accident' I was actually thinking...maybe this all DID happen so you wouldn't get into one. I believe in all that 'whoo-whoo" stuff.

I'm thinking the dead battery was a great thing!

Anonymous said...

I've been telling my husband for YEARS that nothing ever works out. It just doesn't anymore. No matter what it is and how easy it should be, something will go wrong and make it next to impossible. It's exhausting.

SOrry it all smacked you in the face at once.

Alex Elliot said...

While that certainly seems to be making lemonade from lemons as they say!

the mama bird diaries said...

Good luck with your car! Awesome positive attitude.

Related Posts with Thumbnails