Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A break. HA.

I often read bloggers who have had periods of less online time exclaiming over how they didn't miss it or felt invigorated by all their extra time... Hmm. I am the opposite, apparently. This forced blogging break, due to winter vacation for the offspring, has left me a bit deflated. I still have lots of ideas and things to say, but never the time to record them. There are rooms to reorganize, parties to cook for, twice the meals to prepare, etc. In between all of that, there are three times the arguments, high-speed chases through the house, Fairy Parties to attend, and requests to play a new Pokemon game.

I'm spent.

Honestly, when I sat down, about 8 minutes ago, I had a fabulous idea for an end of the year post. All about living with an open heart, new resolutions, blah blah blah. But now? I am antsy, agitated and angry (oooh! triple A) after shrieking at the whining and arguing over the seating arrangements in the family room....

God Damn it. They're pushing each other off the couch. The 9 year old and 3 year old. GIVE ME A BREAK!!

I swear...

Damn.

Still yelling.

Ok. I guess I cannot blog until Jan 5. Until then, any posts or comments are completely random gifts from someone above. Somebody post something riveting and let me know about it, ok?

14 comments:

Kristin said...

We are living in the same hell. What do they have to argue about? I an going nuts. Can't wait for school to start.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to tell you but it doesn't stop. We just had the SAME pushing/couch problem yesterday and mine are 18 and 14.

Jan 5. I'm looking forward to the same day. lol. Here's to retaining our hair in the new year! lol

Kristin said...

UGH...sigh, spa day, sound proof room to myself for a bit?!! I hear ya! Glad to know my kids aren't the only ones who...fight, bicker, argue...etc.

shay said...

I'm totally laughing at this because...you read my blog. Did it seem unfinished? Sort of ended abruptly? Well it did. Cuz someone was fighting or needed something or whatever so that was it and I just hit post lol.

Marinka said...

If you find a solution, let me know!

OHmommy said...

LOL.... I am going NUTS!!!! 5 days and school starts. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh!!!

Cynthia said...

See, I had it in my head that things get easier...silly me:P

Prairie Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by...and I totally hear you about blogging being a place to spit out your thoughts. Some days it's one of the only things keeping me sane.

Happy New Year!

we are reilly said...

so funny! I only have 1 kiddo right now, but when she's at the sitter's house I find it interesting that the 12 year old antagonizes the 3 year old (mine) -- what's with that? You'd think the 12 year old would understand there's not much of a fight there....who knows!

Unknown said...

This is why I end up doing blogs at 6 in the morning or late at night. Pesky imps...

tz said...

are you sure you weren't writing this from my house? We're in a track system so my kids don't go back until jan 27th...

Anonymous said...

Ha! Oh, Tracey . . . I can always count on you to capture life so perfectly! Hang in there. :-)

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

4 more days......I am actually counting the hours...minutes........

Lynsey said...

I hear ya sister. I just don't have the time to blog anymore with a crazy toddler running around! Happy New Year by the way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails