Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood...

All of my worrying over letting the kids watch too violent of shows (Batman, the Dark Knight is totally appropriate for 3 and 6 year olds... right?) has come to a head. A hilarious, embarrassing, inappropriate head.

Demonstrated today by Evan, age 6:

Skipping and singing through the family room with piles of new Christmas toys stacked higher than his eyeballs...

"I'm so TIRED of all of these TOYS. I want something different...

I Know! I want a LOG!!!"



Waiting for those who get it...



Still waiting...



What? You didn't watch MTV in the 90's?

And then purchase the first two seasons of Ren and Stimpy, trying to share the nostalgia you held for the show?

And then allowed your kids to watch several episodes, even though they raised their eyebrows? Even though they peered through their eyelashes at their lunatic parents who were snorting and spitting??

15 comments:

Desiree said...

Bahaha oh no! I hate that I remember this ^_^ Too funny.

Gal on the Go said...

OMG that is so funny! I haven't seen that in years. Enjoy!!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

designHER Momma said...

oh that's too funny....my girls have not gotten to the old school cartoons quite yet...

mamatucci said...

My husband burnt gummi bears and smurfs for my son and he loves them.But the language is a little less sensitive than todays cartoons. My son now tell me to "bug off"."go away you bully". and a few others.... But a bit of peace for mommy might make it worth it!

anymommy said...

Hey, have you watched Tom and Jerry lately? Pretty violent. Or Road Runner? That coyote is always getting waxed! Too funny, enjoy the chaos.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny! I LOVED Ren and Stimpy! ha ha ha! Remember Cow and Chicken? omg, good times!

Allison said...

I haven't thought about ren and stimpy in a very long time. Good Luck with that!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Ren and Stimpy....my brother was pretty much obsessed with that show. haha :P

Unknown said...

I don't get it. My kids watched Ren & Stimpy - but not me. Besides, my cartoon hero out of the 80's was The Tick.ph

Badness Jones said...

I'd totally forgotten about Ren and Stimpy! Thanks for the reminder and the giggle.

(And I think that ALL of our children think we're lame!)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Hee hee. Happy New Year and a belated Merry Christmas. I hope you are having a wonderful time together.

LTYM said...

My boys watch the old cartoon "Droopy" at my parents' house & now like to do what they call the "wolf whistle" around the house. Nice.

Unknown said...

Yes! We sing this little ditty quite frequently around the house whenever we hear the b word uttered ( that would be bored)

It's better than bad...It's good!

Peace - Rene

Jamie said...

Ooh I knew it was LOG just from the title. Love it. Well, loved it. :)

It's surprisingly hard to find decent things for kids to watch isn't it?

Gettysburg Mom said...

It's log, it's log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's log, it's log, it's better than bad it's good.

I'm sorry to say I didn't click on the link. It still gets stuck in my head fifteen years later.

Hope you had a great holiday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails