Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

Normally, when you head indoors, it warms up. Unless you're heading into the Ice Capades!!

I had never been to an ice skating show in my life, until last year. Never! Not an Ice Capades, skating competition or even a hockey game. (All of you North of Illinois are wondering how this was possible, I know...)

So, when my mother-in-law bought us tickets to High School the Musical on Ice last winter, I was a bit leery. My kids never really liked the movies (oh darn!) and I had only memories of the Ice Capades being mocked by my friends at about age 15 (when everything is lame, apparently).

They loved it! Corinne danced, Evan clapped along and even Justin had a good time (the United Center has good pizza).

When my generous Mother in law bought us all tickets for Disney on Ice this past fall, I couldn't refuse. The Incredibles had a trip to Disneyland, which made me and my kids all nostalgic and wishing we could afford Disney this year (ain't gonna happen. Hoping for 2010...).

So, when I was contacted to do a post about the next Disney on Ice, which just so happens to feature THESE characters? I had to comply...
Can you imagine my own little Tinkerbell at this show??? Crossing my fingers that we can make it!

Thankfully(for my boys), they do have other characters. It appears that this particular show will be a compilation of several shows and characters, all of which my children enjoy.

Disney on Ice is coming back to the Chicagoland area. Check out the dates and tickets. With less of us being able to go on vacations this year, day outings like this will be a fun way to spend time with the family, enjoying the magic of Disney, without the cost of travel.

Wanna meet me there?

2 comments:

Tonya said...

How fun! We went to see Disney Princesses on Ice for GG's 5th birthday. It was so fun and magical. We are planning our Disney trip for next year!!! Can't wait.

Kat said...

That is a perfect show for a little princess! How fun! That butterfly is beautiful!
I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'm sure my menfolk would be bored out of their gourd. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails