Thursday, December 04, 2008

21 days till Christmas!

Just walked into the family room to see Corinne making Cinderella and Woody kiss.

Should I be concerned??
~~~
I pulled out the "You think YOU have it hard? Why, when I was little... " card last night. Justin claims that everyone in his class had at least $29 to spend at the school's Holiday Shop. (Damn you, Holiday Shop!) He only had $9 to spend and it wasn't enough to buy anything GOOD for any of us. And it's just not faaaaiiiirrrrrr.....

You will be proud of me, though. I didn't just talk about MY childhood, I talked about his grandparents getting only 1 present a year and not having lots of clothes or books or opportunities like HE has. Gratitude, child. Look beyond your own situation to see how blessed we all are! He was able to talk about how his own friends like his house and he likes their houses, not because they're really fancier than each other's, but because they're DIFFERENT from what he's used to. EXACTLY, kiddo. Exactly...
~~~
Something to know about JCPenny! I bought a gift that was $31 on the tag. When I got to the register and paid with my JCPenny card, it only cost $23 after tax. The cashier told me that I spent over $25, so I received $10 off!! HELLLLOOOO!!! I am going back to JCPenny, baby. I don't know if it's all stores, all the time, only with their in-store card, or what, but if I find out, I'll let you know. Basically, call your store, because that is a FABULOUS deal. Especially if it's every time you buy something... What if I can check out more than once in a day? Oooohh!!!! I hope...

Kids are home and need help with their homework. Peace out.

7 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

NaBloPoMo is over right? Because I can't keep up this pace.

Dog leaves tomorrow. Sounds like spy code, right? It's my new mantra.

Kristin said...

Good to know about JCP. Heading there tomorrow.

Kristin said...

Great JCP deal;)

Yellow Beads said...

Tracey, Are you sure that was NOT my house!? Mimi does the same thing--her Cinderella and brother's Woody doll, ha!! ANd I LOVE LOVE LOVE the discounts at JCP, I shop there often.

Anonymous said...

Great JCP deal! And wonderful story about your son and the holiday shop! (I can't stand those shops either....you can find a lot more for a lot less letting them loose in a Walgreens) But man, you handled it well...and I love his prospective on houses!

Cynthia said...

Great deal! I don't even know where I would find a JC Penny?
I suppose with Chicago now having the highest sales tax in the nation...I'll be driving to the burbs to shop anyway;P

CaraBee said...

Children have no capacity for seeing that their lives aren't the hardest ones lived EVER. He will be a better person for it in the long run, though, of that I have no doubt. And as long as Cinderella and Woody are just kissing, I don't think I'd worry. It's when they go to second base...

Related Posts with Thumbnails