Thursday, November 06, 2008

Rinny the Entertainer

The colors are on their last leg. My trees are the last to change each fall, and they are absolutely gorgeous right now. Which means, I suppose, that fall is officially, FINALLY, here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you haven't met Corinne in person, you can't understand the complete spectrum of crazy, wild-woman, entertainer personality she possesses. She is utterly unafraid of singing and dancing for a crowd or of introducing herself to a group of new children. A teacher asks a question in class? I can guarantee that Corinne will be that kid that is shouting out the answer with a huge grin on her face. (my apologies to her future teachers!) I have had waiters in restaurants come by for encores of her renditions of "Cinderella" and "Enchanted" tunes. Just today, she sang (in key) the full "Part of your World" song from Ariel for the entire ballet class as we waited for class to begin...

Honestly? I don't know where she gets it. Neither Patrick or I are shy adults. We are able to introduce ourselves at a party, speak in front of groups, and have both enjoyed singing and acting in high school and college. But as a child I was SHY. At least, around adults! I would pull my chin down and peer through my bangs at any strange adult who dared speak to me. I hated all photographers and other adults that used a falsetto voice when speaking to children. If you wanted me to respond, you were better off just barely acknowledging my existence for a while and waiting for me to come to you!

Obviously, I outgrew it. But Corinne has so much self-confidence, so young, it is almost scary to picture where she will be in 10,15, and 20 years...



I'm sure it'll be a wild ride, wherever she takes us!

12 comments:

CaraBee said...

What's funny is that I was that outgoing kid but have grown into a shy adult. Not sure what happened there.

Love the dancing! And is that Patrick singing!!

Gucci Mama said...

Oh, she is precious! Oh, and if my husband could sing like that, I'd never let him put his guitar down.

As it stands now, I'm trying to find a guy who knows a guy who can "take care" of the guitar...

Kristin said...

Great dancing and singing. Men who can sing and play are sexy!

PS I left you an award on my blog! Go check it out.
http://nunez-thewayitis.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Aw . . . I love it! She is just TOO adorable!

And, GO PATRICK!!

Woot! Woot!

Tonya said...

yay I'm getting excited about getting together again! She has changed so much since this summer :)

Kat said...

Clearly musical ability runs in the family!
She looks so cute dancing and twirling. :)

Anonymous said...

She sounds about as shy as The Bean. She became the official greeter at the restaurant the last time we went out for supper. She was grabbing people to dance with her as they tried to walk in. When we were at the table, she was waving around the butter knife declaring, "you have my sword!" (from Veggie Tales Lord of the Beans) I'd be willing to bet that she and Corinne would bet along quite well.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

What a cutie!!! Thanks for visiting my blog-your daughter would feel right at home with my boys dancing on the ottoman, I bet!!

the mama bird diaries said...

She's a cutie! Love the outfit.

kimmy said...

Love it!

Love the photo too. Fall colors are just beautiful!

Kimmy

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

That is so awesome, I hope that it stays with her forever.

Mrstx said...

twisting and turning your feelings are burning, you're breaking the girrrrrrrl!

ha ha, sorry I had to finish the next line in the song. Isn't it amazing that these little people that we create actually have personalities? She is adorable. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails