Saturday, November 08, 2008

If you could detach it, what, exactly, would you do with it?

And why?

So, this is what it's like to force yourself to post. Thank you, Nablopomo. I am now posting on a Saturday, after judging at a high school speech meet. I am listening to Evan get lectured by Patrick for yelling at us (6 year olds are grand, aren't they?). Glad he's doing it because I am hoarse after yelling at Corinne for pouring glue on the table, poking holes in the Cub Scout popcorn boxes and then playing toys while in time out.

And I get to document it on my blog!

Whoooot!!!

Ever hear a song that you haven't heard in eons? And then wonder how it became so popular? And how everyone knew it? I had a day full of memories, bopping to tunes, as I drove in the car by MYSELF to the meet.

You know what's something icky I didn't think about before I googled it? The gross stuff that pops up when you look for a link to the Detachable Penis song. Really, people. Ew.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE speech tournaments! I competed in high school, and all three of my children competed when they were in high school. Then my oldest went on to compete in college and to coach, too.

I judged high school tournaments a few times and really enjoyed it.

Gucci Mama said...

I have heard "Detachable Penis" before, much to my dismay. I'm not sure why you'd want it to come off...

anymommy said...

I am really glad that those words do not bring any song to mind for me. Just caught up. So good to be back reading again!

Laski said...

Ugh. Forcing yourself to post.

I admire you . . .

And, I'm a wee bit frightened to go to the video link, but sadly, I may not be able to resist.

Gettysburg Mom said...

I don't know if I can click on the link. So afraid. So very afraid.

And you know, if you post every day- we have to come comment everyday. It's exhausting... :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I know, and I am sorry for the persistent posting. But there's that whole committment, not quitting gene I have. Sucks at times...

Cant Hardly Wait said...

Remember 2Gether? U + Me = Calculus. Or... The Hardest Part of Breaking up is Getting Back Your Stuff? Post about that. DO IT. If you haven't ever heard their songs, do it now. I promise, you will not be let down.

Unknown said...

I am not looking that up. I'll just have to take your word for it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails