Thursday, October 23, 2008

...Banana. Banana who? Knock, knock....

Lying next to Evan last night, after reading his book. It was a loooong afternoon and evening with him....

Tracey - Evan, I'm sorry I was yelling so much tonight.

Evan - (chipmunk imitation voice) Ok, Mama.

T - It is very hard for me to NOT yell, though. Sometimes, when you are naughty, over and over and over? And you're talking back to me, and sticking out your tongue, and being very rude it makes me feel like a pot of water on the stove. I get hotter and hotter and madder and madder until I just boil over! Do you understand?

E - (still chipmunkish) Ok, Mama.

T - (trying not to get annoyed at his silliness and lack of attention) Well, how do you feel when I yell at you?

E - Bad...

T - Bad, yes... But bad how?

E - I feel like a banana.

T - What?? A... banana?

E - I feel like a banana. All hard on the outside and squishy on the inside.

T - (dying and crying inside) Oh, baby... I'm sorry. I understand. How about we both work on this? I'll work on trying to keep from boiling over and you work on not disobeying me. Ok?

E - (STILL chipmunkish) Ok, Mama...

So, for any of you who were feeling like you were not the best Mom in the world, you can at least rest assured that someone else was making their child feel awful inside... just like a squishy banana.
HEY! I need more VALID comments on my circus ticket giveaway!! As of now, the chances are really, reallllly good!
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails