Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A bit of October

There's nothing quite like a brisk walk through piles of leaves so yellow they're practically flourescent... The delicious smell of decomposing flora and fauna (though it SOUNDS gross) is such a strong kicker to the olfactory memory chip, you know? How many times have I stood outside with my nose tilted upwards, inhaling till I was full of the aroma of autumn?

This morning has been refreshing, to say the least. Waking up between my 2 sons, all of us buried beneath the covers to escape the morning breeze from my bedroom windows. When Patrick is out of town, I find myself having to share even more of my blankets! We stayed up a tad late watching a recorded episode of Amazing Wedding Cakes. Ever see that show? AWEsome. The boys were astounded and couldn't imagine having to cut into one of those creations!

I am sitting here drinking LEADED coffee after a quick trip to the store last night... Listening to Corinne put her refrigerator magnets in time-out with a very disappointed voice. Should I be concerned more about the fact that the magnets are talking to each other or that they're so incredibly naughty? OR, about the fact that she keeps feeling the need to punish them?

Wish that I had had batteries in my camera yesterday (they're in the LeapPad) to capture the mud pie making contest held by the neighborhood kids. And the mud-splatters all over everyone!

Look at my little equestrian! She loves my mom's horse, Onyx. And he loves it when the little kids go to ride him cuz he gets off WAY easy! Corinne is still only halter-led around and only at a walk (though she begs to trot!).



Don't you love her pink boots?!?

A last note of an apology for anyone I haven't been commenting on lately. Apparently, as Shannon said, Bloglines WAS having a problem reading many of the feeds I read and I was missing out! I am slowly converting to GoogleReader. I'm such a follower, I know..

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

very clever.

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.

Anonymous said...

wow, very special, i like it.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ok, apparently I need to turn on the word verification for a while. Freaking spammers...

Anonymous said...

Yikes! (Yazz? LOL)

I really enjoy your blog. Gives me somethin to smile about in an otherwise blah day. Thanks

Melissa said...

Wow... what in the world was all that in your comments? Weird...
ANYWAY, loved the post! I too adore the smell of autumn! I'm hoping to take the kids up into the mountains in the next couple of weeks and enjoy some REAL autumn air since we just don't get it here in the valley.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, look at that spam!! ;-)

Great post, Tracey. You described autumn in such a lovely way - a great read! Love the photos of your princess on the horse, too. Her pink boots ROCK!

Anonymous said...

The Bean would love to ride a horse. How wonderful that Corinne is able to enjoy it.

anymommy said...

Love the riding pictures. My kids take a lesson every two weeks and they LOVE it. I'd love to have a pony but aha, yeah, like I need anything else to take care of!

Gettysburg Mom said...

Love the pictures! And Atlee loves winter because of little pink boots. I've been hearing Canadian Geese lately, so I know it's fall.

Received my first bit of spam in a while today... thanks for the kick to turn on word verification before it's worse...

Related Posts with Thumbnails