Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yet another whimper. Forgive me...

YES I WILL CALL A DOCTOR TODAY! Ok? Now get off my back, everyone! I know you care, and I appreciate it. (said in a joking tone, because this internet hasn't figured out a way to convey mood just yet...) But I have to actually FIND a general practitioner before I can call one... Yes. I have lived for 15 adult years without ever going to a GP. I am just not a medicine/doctor type of person. If I feel ill, I wait it out. You know? So I have to make the calls around to see who is covered on our weird insurance...

That said, I would like to reassure you all that I AM reading, am sometimes commenting, but they will be pithy little coments like "I know!" and "How cute!" It may seem like I've abandoned you, but I am actually sittting here, yearning for my hobby and unable to participate... Because I just typed that with both of my hands and it toook FOREVER. I have to concentrate to lift my entire left hand in order to type any letter to the left of "r, f, v". Sucks. But, Hey! At least I still have use of my thumb and forefinger and that I can still feel pain on my fingers, right? That has to be a good sign, right???

I tried to put a hair tie in Corinne's hair this morning and CRIED. I cannot make my hands grip small things properly. She looks shaggy and frayed... Also, ever try to tie shoes with 1 hand? Or shampoo your hair? I poked myself in the eyes a dozen times as I tried to flex my fingers...

I am also pissed that I want to edit this but won't as it is a pain to just type it the first time! (Insert very colorful phrases here...)

20 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry! I wish I lived close by ... I could come over and type in comments for you and put tiny elastics in Corrine's hair...

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oh yikes, I am sorry I have not visited recently and have not seen your blog entry about your hand! I wish I could drive you to a neurologist. This must all be so very frustrating:-(

Thinking of you in Marrakech...

Karen said...

I'm SO with you on the dr thing! Sending you virtual muscle/nerve etc. relaxers your way!!!

pita-woman said...

I can top that, I went for 20 years without a GP. That's what immediate-care centers are for if we get sick enough. I finally broke down a little over a year ago & found a GP, figured it was time to start taking care of myself.
As for your hand, hope it gets better soon. Maybe you should see a chiropractor as well/or instead.

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

I bet once you go to the doctor and they shoot you up with some nice cortisone or something, you will be wishing like nothing else that you'd gone a week ago.

(imho) :)

Gucci Mama said...

I'm glad you're getting it looked at...but I can't believe it's still that bad! How awful! Hope it gets better quickly!

Tonya said...

Man that stinks that still can't use those fingers. I hope you find a doctor that works with your insurance that is such a pain in the bootay.

Kristi said...

Get your butt to a doctor today, missy, or I will fly to Illinois and take you there myself.

(Do I sound like your mother yet?)

;)

CaraBee said...

I'm so sorry. I know it sucks to go to the doctor (I also have not been to a GP in 15 years) but it will be better once you do.

Rebecca said...

Be sure to let us know what the Dr says! I bet you've pinched a nerve or have a bit of carpal tunnel and will be fine in no time! Hang in there, for now!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

oh you are still having the paralysis in your hand? I won't repeat what everyone else has said ;-) Call around and get that sorted out!

Hope you are feeling better ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Tracey, Tracey, Tracey! That does NOT sound good! Get thee to ANY doctor, immediately! I'm amazed that you haven't had to visit the GP in 15 years, you must be the healthiest person I know. BUT you still need to go this time, ok?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

So, so sorry! Worried about you!

Dana said...

Holy smokes! Fingers still aren't workin for ya? That really sucks. I feel for ya........

Good luck with the GP search. I hope this is all taken care of soon!

anymommy said...

Yikes! Catching up on things tonight and I'm glad to hear that I don't have to yell at you to go and get that checked out. (Go and get that checked out!!)

Also, troll#1 is a dumdum head. Juvenile enough for you ;-)

Anonymous said...

Let us know what you find out. It's bad when your daughter's hair suffers due to an affliction!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Tracey! Please keep us all posted. This is weird, and scary. And just so you feel better, theBeast always has crazy hair, and there's nothing wrong with my hand. lol.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that your hand is still bothering you! Hope it heals soon!

Anonymous said...

I waited 15 years to go for a physical. Partly because I 'didn't have time' but mostly because I didn't want them to tell me anything bad.

I just don't have time right now to either die...OR...have a serious illness. I'm too busy.

Good luck. Hope they fix you.

Michelle said...

oh my! I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with your hand! I hope it's nothing serious and that you're able to find a dr who can get you in soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails