Friday, September 26, 2008

I may have bitten off more than I can chew...

So, tonight, after rushing from Corinne's princess ball (more on that later) to the boys' pack meeting for Cub Scouts, I got to meet the other parents of the boys in my den. MY den. Did you read that? Me. Moi. I WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE for these boys enjoying scouting or developing a bitter taste for all organizations...

Lovely.

All of the parents had these expectant looks in their eyes, waiting for a definitive answer or direction to the group and I was standing there with my hair in pigtails, covered in glitter glue, completely exhausted from a day of non-stop running around. Being that I do have experience in this stuff, I guess I will have to assume the role of an organized leader. (I heard the snickering, and really? You don't know me that well from just my blog, ok? I mean, I could be perfectly fine at getting things done on time and planning ahead....)

Just wait till you see and hear about the princess ball! Corinne is passed out with blisters on her feet and fairy dust in her hair...

12 comments:

CaraBee said...

I am so not looking forward to hosting scout meetings and such. I have some challenges with organizational skills.

Melissa said...

My mom was the den leader for my brothers when we were kids. She went to a meeting each month called Round Table. Maybe you already know about it... but she was always excited about the training and ideas she got each time she went. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I've never been a Den leader or anything like it, but I have two words of advice for you that I would imagine would be applicable.

Enlist and Delegate!

Get those other parents involved!

Tonya said...

Oh I can't wait to hear more about the ball and you best have pictures!

Jamie said...

WOW!
It's amazing how many things we think we can take on :)

You'll do great. And I'm anxious to hear about this ball!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously?! I cannot WAIT to hear more about this!

You'll do a great job - don't worry:)

Michelle said...

You're brave for taking on being the den leader! :) Can't wait to read/see pics from the ball!

OHmommy said...

Please tell me you took pictures of the ball?

Anonymous said...

Tracey, you will be the coolest den leader EVA!! I know it!

Another who wants to see photos from the ball!!!!! HINT HINT!

Marie said...

Did she lose a glass slipper too?

What a doll! Can't wait to hear about the ball... scouts are low on my list. We're primarily 4H people.

Kristi said...

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will make an excellent leader. You're the most organized, multi-tasker I know!

Gettysburg Mom said...

so, I don't want to add to the pressure but... Shea tried scouts two years ago and it was not a well organized pack and the leader was lacking and the whole experience soured him and me... but um, no pressure.. :)

(for the record it was not the gettysburg group, I've heard good things about them...)

Related Posts with Thumbnails