Sunday, September 28, 2008

Every little girl is a princess!

Ah yes. A post that might make you want to "unplug your cable modem..." But, as I've said before, this IS Just Another Mommy Blog. What did you expect to find?

(My title's a quote. Anyone? Anyone?)

I love my town. I really do. There are so many activities and social opportunities for my family. I mean, do ALL towns provide the chance for 60 little girls to dress up as a princess and attend a "real" enchanted ball? I'm guessing, no.
To say that she was excited is an obvious understatement. To say that the Pope is religious might be a good comparison to the level of thrill coursing through my daughter's (and my!) veins as we prepared for the evening. Curls were put into her tiny baby wisps, though they didn't hold (and I wasn't putting hair spray on her delicate tendrils!!). Sparkly chapstick was applied (and edited by Mommy). Special hand-me-down shoes from her cousin's stint as a flower girl were found to suddenly fit! We were off to a brilliant start...
Wearing a pink crown with jewels which covers Mommy's tiara (received from a long-ago friend from a mom's of boys website, as I am, after all, the Queen).
Face painting and fairy dust in her hair completed the look. We headed off to make 2 or 3 magic wands with glitter glue and stickers.

The Chicken Dance! My daughter can do the chicken dance!! And a multitude of other dances, apparently. She squealed as each princess song that she knew (Enchanted, Little Mermaid, etc.) played on the speakers. Much serenading was going on in that gym and she was, in my humble opinion, the cutest belle of the ball...

Here is an example of what I'd like my boys to be like. What a sweet teenager, to dress as a prince and take pictures with dozens of tiny princesses! Corinne had get up the courage to say hello to him, as she was getting very tired about then...
... she had been crying from exhaustion and from desperately wanting to say hello to the Real Princess, but being so nervous! This lovely princess almost got knocked over by the burst of bravery that her running hug delivered!

Such a sweet night... Her first ball! She sighed, with wistful eyes, "I wish I could sleep over here, for forever and ever..."

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeks! That is just about the sweetest thing EVER!

Anonymous said...

Oh How FUN! That looks like a....wait for it....ball! You can tell she had so much fun.

Melissa said...

Okay - you've convinced me! Our town DOES do a princess party for the little girls! I haven't wanted to go, but maybe we should!!

Karen said...

What a lucky girl! I want a princess dress and a tiara!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Awwww! What a neat event!

justme said...

adorable, where do you live ???? that is excellent

CaraBee said...

That is just about the cutest thing ever. I wish I could have gone to a princess ball when I was a little girl. I hope I can find something like that for my daughter when she is old enough.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

How did you get so lucky? She sure is a beautiful princess!!
You are a very beautiful Queen too!!

Hugs!!

Gucci Mama said...

That is so awesome. What a beautiful princess! And there was a real prince there and everything!

I wanna go to a princess ball! I wanna I wanna!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. My daughter would have seriously LOVED to attend with her. And what a doll she is!

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! She is just beautiful!!

the dragonfly said...

That is so much fun!! How cool that she got to do that. And what an adorable princess she is...

:)

Tonya said...

Looks like a magical night. Almost like being at Disney world :) But without the cost...

Anonymous said...

How stinkin' cute!!! We need something like that here...Hmmm. I wonder if there is. She's just too adorable in her little dress.

Don Mills Diva said...

Oh my goodness - I think I'm gonna rush home and start trying to make a little girl RIGHT NOW!

Damselfly said...

Aw, this is so darn cute! She makes a perfect princess. What a fun event!

Beck said...

I am DYING! My town needs to have a princess party for it's four little girls.

Anonymous said...

That Belle-like dress is just adorable!

Michelle said...

I want to live in your town! What a fun event for little girls to go to! Corinne was adorable! and yeah, big kudos to that teen for dessing up for a girls' ball!

Gettysburg Mom said...

That is sooooo sweet. How often does a girl actually have a place to wear a princess gown? Kudos to whoever's idea it was!

Jamie said...

OMG this is so precious. What a lucky little girl she is.

And I LOVE little girl dancing! So cute.

Terrence/Megan/James said...

Is the quote from the movie, "A Little Princess"?

Just found your blog today, and I am thoroughly entertained. I was looking for a good (and yet realistic) perspective on mothering to encourage me- your blog seems to be the perfect thing.

Megan

Related Posts with Thumbnails