Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When procrastination is a GOOD thing...

Sometimes, being a slacker pays off!

I put off registering the boys for fall soccer for just a touch too long, and ended up missing the cut-off. Oops! In order to soothe any upsets, I frantically flipped through the park district book to find any other options for fall activities for my kids. To say that I was pleasantly surprised at their choices and reactions to the change in plans is putting it mildly.

Evan is thrilled to be attending a cooking class! He will get to make messes in someone ELSE'S kitchen for a change and I will get to applaud his efforts. Considering the fact that the words "I want to be a baker when I grow up" have come from his mouth numerous times, this should be a perfect match.When Corinne found out that she was old enough for a Mommy and Me ballet class, she shrieked, ran from the family room to find me, and threw her arms around my waist! Again, a perfect match.
Justin was a bit disappointed that the dodgeball class was nearly empty and might be cancelled and also that the video game design class was full. But when he heard that there was a fencing class? He flipped out and jumped up and down. Another happy customer...And I? I am ECSTATIC that we will have variety in our schedules. That we won't be attending 4 soccer practices a week and 2 games every Saturday. That we will have a break from the soccer routine and may, in fact, find new pastimes for our kids that they love just as much.

I will be ready for soccer again in the spring. But for now? YAY for me and free Saturdays!!!

13 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

All that stuff sounds like so much fun!

They have spring soccer? When I played it (in jr high/high school) it was only in the fall.

Hannah said...

They all sound like FABULOUS activities!! Totally different to the norm, which should keep them really interested.

Funny to me that you play soccer in spring ... we ONLY play in winter here! Hmm, but I guess it would be too cold in Chicago for that!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

This is the one thing I dislike most about living in a small town - we just don't get to do cool stuff like that with/for our kids. Fabulous!

Melissa said...

We did AYSO for 2 years... a friend of mine called it "All Your Saturdays Occupied" ;)
Sounds like you have some really fantastic programs in your area! We have some decent ones, but nothing like that! Very fun!!

Damselfly said...

Those all sound like fantastic classes! And all the kids look so happy.

motherbumper said...

I am sooooo looking forward to mommy and me ballet classes (wait - did I just say that?). Fencing is such a cool sport and cooking classes can never be a bad thing. High five for procrastination!

Gettysburg Mom said...

I'm oh so jealous of all your choices! I'm also laughing hysterically at "All Your Saturdays Occupied"...

Mom24 said...

Yeah you indeed! Those classes sound wonderful. I'm sure they'll have lots of fun. I'm a big fan of rec center classes.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Way to go Tracey! Looks like this whole thing just was meant to be :-)

I want to take a mommy and me ballet class... I'll have to borrow someone's daughter cause I am pretty sure neither of my boys would be interested!

Debbie said...

Those sound like such great and interesting activities! Cooking class for kids? Sign me up! I mean, sign my KIDS up. ;)

Kim said...

Those all sound like great classes! I'll bet they will be having fun.

www://ispeakbeanish.wordpress.com

Michelle said...

I want to come live where you live! that is awsome that they have such a wide variety of classes for the kids to take!

anymommy said...

Our parks and rec department has fabulous classes too. This is awesome. I love that he's taking cooking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails