Monday, August 11, 2008

Nothing special

Overheard in my house:

"EvAAANN!!! I AM a sweethaht!!"

"Yes, you are, Rinny Rinny. And I am a sweetheart, tooooo!" (imagine a singsong teasing...)

"No EVAN!!! I AM A SWEETHAHT!!! Not YOUUUU!!!!"
~:~:~:~:~:~
After today's venture to the store, I am beginning to look forward to school. We returned home withOUT new shoes for Justin, not enough food for dinner tonight and a large headache for myself.

And a whole lot lighter in the wallet...
~:~:~:~:~
Anyone else a bit obsessed with the Olympics? Apparently, Justin is as he stayed up in my room till 3 a.m. watching some of our recorded sports!! Needless to say, I was asleep on my bed and didn't realize he was still awake. Um, oops?

We were going to hit the Field museum today but decided that after the zoo, the fair, sleeping over at Nana's house, and a late night bonfire in our yard we had an exhausting weekend to rest up from.


Aren't those the cutest, itty-bittiest braids you ever saw? She loves them and I have become a master at braiding fine and wispy hair. She was thrilled that she can have braids just like her cousins (who have had long and lovely locks for quite some time now. Sigh...)

10 comments:

Damselfly said...

Love those little braids!

anymommy said...

Adorable. Want to come and do a few for me?? I put thrity in Ess' hair last time we braided! It's actually probably easier - not at all wispy.

Hannah said...

Awww, her braids are the CUTEST!! And she looks so happy about it!

Yes, we are also obsessed with the Olympics here. I just might have to write a post on it, I think! Ethan cried like a BABY after he finished watching the NZ women's hockey team on Sunday ... we lost!

Unknown said...

Yeah . . . that's about how long Bridget's hair was before Jacob cut it. Sigh . . . .

I can't believe Justin stayed up until 3AM!!! I can't remember the last time I did that - LOL!

Kristi said...

We're big Olympic-watchers here too. Unfortunately, we missed the swimming final last night, but apparently it was fantastic.

Love those braids! I cannot wait until Isabella's hair is long enough to do some. It's so fine though, like mine, so I'm hoping it works!

Tonya said...

those braids are absolutely too cute! She certainly is a sweethath!!! We need to get together again :)

Sheryl said...

Those braids are THE CUTEST!

Cynthia said...

The braids are fabulous!

Gucci Mama said...

Those braids are so adorable! (Note to self: need to have girl so hair braiding will become viable option).

By the bye, I have not watched one second of the Olympics...is that wrong?

the dragonfly said...

Aww, those braids are adorable!

And yes, I'm completely addicted to the Olympics. But, as my husband said, there are worse things to be addicted to. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails