Thursday, August 07, 2008

Sing it sister...

At the park today, Corinne decided to belt out a song from The Little Mermaid. She stood atop the jungle gym, arms outstretched, eyes squeezed shut and face to the sky.

"Up where dey pway! Up where dey wun! Up where dey sing all day in da sun!! .... I wuv my Mommy! Cuz she is my Mommyyyyy and I wuv her so mu-chhh!!!" she has learned how to ad lib at an early age. Definitely a future in the performing arts...

No. Fear.

Not of falling from that wobbly ledge or of being embarrassed that the 3 teenage boys on the swings had stopped their conversations and were chuckling behind their hands. I was tempted, for a brief moment, to ask her to sing somewhere else. That she might be bothering them...

But I realized that this stage of reckless freedom? This moment in time where my daughter absolutely adores herself and doesn't care what 3 teenage boys think?

It rocks.
Shaking her booty at Rib Fest, not a care in the world....

15 comments:

Hannah said...

How CUTE!!
Yes, you keep singing, baby girl! I hope she never notices the sillyl, chuckling teenage boys, and just keeps on singing!

kimmy said...

I have niece that loves to sing at the top of her lungs. I love it!

Kimmy

OHmommy said...

She is my kind of girl.

So stinking cute!!!

Damselfly said...

A girl after my own heart. Rock on!

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Yes it does. I catch myself sometimes moving to "save" my kids from embarrassment, but if they're not embarrassed or self-conscious yet, who am I to argue with that?

Unknown said...

I would have totally given her a standing ovation. How absolutely adorable!

Gal on the Go said...

Oh to be young and not have a care in the world!

Kristi said...

I totally agree. Long live unabashed self-expression!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Yes, let her always sing without a care in the world!

Lynsey said...

Soooooooo cute.

anymommy said...

It SO does rock. Sing it sweet baby. I wish she would never care what teenage boys think about her!

Elle*Bee said...

It's a shame that unabashed self-expression gets squashed later in life.

Skiplovey said...

I hope she keeps that up, so cute!

Don Mills Diva said...

It does rock. If only we could all be so fearless and proud.

the dragonfly said...

That is *wonderful*...I especially love her ad libs..

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails